Here At last!!

Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

gazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Here At last!!

Originally Posted by gazzer15
Thanks Krissie, hopefully the weather will break or a bit soon...
FOR a bit.....
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

gazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Welcome to wet and wild New Zealand - as Julie said, it's set to cheer up in a couple of days.

We had a mini meet up last night - it wasn't pretty!

Where abouts will you be living in Tauranga?
Hi Am Loolah

We shall be staying in Maungatapu for two weeks in a holiday let whilst we check out job situation and short term rentals.

Any input on areas to avoid on the rental front would be much appreciated

Hope the head has recovered from the meet up.....

Heres hoping for a cheer up in the weather....

Cheers
Elsie (Gazzer OH)
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

avoid Merivale!!! there are a few 'iffy' areas, but you'll get the feel for the places you like!! but avoid merivale! also, schools are zoned so you may want to think about that....cant remember if you had children now ive started writing this...(its late...sorry!!!!!)
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steve and Julie
Im always at the Strand and never hear any Brit accent`s, where are you all ?
in the crown n badger...where else???!!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:23 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gazzer15
Hi Am Loolah

We shall be staying in Maungatapu for two weeks in a holiday let whilst we check out job situation and short term rentals.

Any input on areas to avoid on the rental front would be much appreciated

Hope the head has recovered from the meet up.....

Heres hoping for a cheer up in the weather....

Cheers
Elsie (Gazzer OH)
As Krissie said it'll depend on if you have kids and there ages for schooling to a certain extent. Although Mount Maunganui Primary is NOT zoned so that's always an option.

Which side of the Harbour Bridge do you need/want to be? Tauranga or Mount/Papamoa?

Tauranga I would say (but I don't live that side) avoid Merivale, Gate Pa, Greerton and Welcome Bay (traffic more than any other reason - although there are other reasons!) Pyes Pa, Te Puna, Omokoroa all quite a long way "out."

Mount/Papamoa only really avoid Arataki ... that's it.

Last edited by Am Loolah; Apr 15th 2008 at 11:27 am.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Kristoph will become famous soon enough

Hey,

Although I'm not in NZ, I registered interest myself with an organisation called PriorityOne (priorityone.co.nz) who have added me to their mailing list for job vacancies in the area.

I have one here for April 5th-9th, don't have any more recent emails...
These are apparently from the Bay of Plenty Times, so might be worth you buying one and checking it out.

There are a few vacancies for Truck drivers (thats what you're after right?).

Driver – Class 5 and DG Please phone +64 27 488 6135 or +64 27 426 0566

Driver – Top Lift Quality Marshalling. Please email your CV to [email protected]

Driver – Truck Please phone +64 7 533 1390

Driver – Truck – Class 5 Please phone Brett on +64 21 229 9409 or Warren on +64 27 549 2722

Drivers – Class 5 Eagle Transport Ltd. Please phone Pat or Steve on +64 7 543 1608 or +64 21 945 882 or +64 27 608 1212

Drivers – School Bus Please phone Bayline on +64 7 578 3113 or email [email protected]

Don't know if any of these will help, but good luck!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Originally Posted by krissie
in the crown n badger...where else???!!!
Don`t for get the CornerStone, had a good meal in there last Saturday night and very reasonable, Plates like dustbin lids
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

mmmmmmmm yeh its good there too!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:31 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmmmmmm yeh its good there too!!!!
I'll be the one down the Strand tomorrow night dancing like a loon, probably in the Buddha Lounge, pretending I'm 16 again! Keep a wide berth ...
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

avoid Merivale!!! there are a few 'iffy' areas, but you'll get the feel for the places you like!! but avoid merivale! also, schools are zoned so you may want to think about that....cant remember if you had children now ive started writing this...(its late...sorry!!!!!)
Thanks Krissie - no kids...well just the OH but that'll exclude school issues...
Cheers
Els
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
As Krissie said it'll depend on if you have kids and there ages for schooling to a certain extent. Although Mount Maunganui Primary is NOT zoned so that's always an option.

Which side of the Harbour Bridge do you need/want to be? Tauranga or Mount/Papamoa?

Tauranga I would say (but I don't live that side) avoid Merivale, Gate Pa, Greerton and Welcome Bay (traffic more than any other reason - although there are other reasons!) Pyes Pa, Te Puna, Omokoroa all quite a long way "out."

Mount/Papamoa only really avoid Arataki ... that's it.
Thanks for the heads up...will keep in mind when trekking round and checking out rentals. Ta muchly. Els.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kristoph
Hey,

Although I'm not in NZ, I registered interest myself with an organisation called PriorityOne (priorityone.co.nz) who have added me to their mailing list for job vacancies in the area.

I have one here for April 5th-9th, don't have any more recent emails...
These are apparently from the Bay of Plenty Times, so might be worth you buying one and checking it out.

There are a few vacancies for Truck drivers (thats what you're after right?).

Driver – Class 5 and DG Please phone +64 27 488 6135 or +64 27 426 0566

Driver – Top Lift Quality Marshalling. Please email your CV to [email protected]

Driver – Truck Please phone +64 7 533 1390

Driver – Truck – Class 5 Please phone Brett on +64 21 229 9409 or Warren on +64 27 549 2722

Drivers – Class 5 Eagle Transport Ltd. Please phone Pat or Steve on +64 7 543 1608 or +64 21 945 882 or +64 27 608 1212

Drivers – School Bus Please phone Bayline on +64 7 578 3113 or email [email protected]

Don't know if any of these will help, but good luck!
Cheers Kristoph - I'll pass on to the OH when he wakes up
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Kristoph will become famous soon enough

Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming this thread, but I just received another up-to-date list of job vacancies from the Bay of Plenty times again.

Here's the driving ones...

If you want me to forward the Microsoft word document with all of the jobs in to you, thats no prob.

Here they are:

Driver – Bobcat/Truck Operator – Class 2 or 4 Please apply to Excel Appointments Ltd, online at www.excelappointments.co.nz or phone +64 7 578 4222

Driver – Bulk Flour Tanker At least 5 yrs Truck/Trailer B Train experience. Please phone +64 275 439 336

Driver – Cement Tanker Please phone Bob on +64 274 857 565

Driver – Chip Liner NZL Group, www.nzlgroup.co.nz Please email your CV to Cherie Hawkins at [email protected] or phone +64 7 928 7112

Driver – Class 5 & DG Please phone +64 27 488 6135 or +64 27 425 0566

Driver – HT Tauranga’s egg production unit. Please phone +64 7 552 4030

Driver - Truck Please phone Shane on +64 27 284 9380

Driver – Truck – Class 4 Please apply to Excel Appointments Ltd, online at www.excelappointments.co.nz or phone +64 7 578 4222

Driver/Storeman Secure A Load. Please apply in writing to Unit 1, 64 Tukorako Drive, Mount Maunganui

Drivers – Class 5 Hall’s Refrigerated Transport, www.halls.co.nz Please email your CV to [email protected] or phone Jason Kelly on +64 21 424 796. Applications close 27 April

Drivers – Classes 1-5 Rural BOP Livestock & General Transport Company. Please phone +64 7 533 3356

Drivers – HT – Class 5 K & S Freighters. Please phone Peter on +64 21 883 457 or email [email protected]

Hope ya find something,

Kris.