Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

here goes the last post in the UK, for me anyway

here goes the last post in the UK, for me anyway

Old Sep 18th 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default here goes the last post in the UK, for me anyway

Well this is it, scary and exciting time that it is, my last post as a UK resident, im sitting in my empty flat, looking over the harbour wondering if ive made the right decision.

God i hope i have,

spending the next few days saying goodbyes and am dreading the big goodbye at heathrow with my family on friday, i know there will be tears, something i never do, anyone know any decent herbal remedies to stop me looking like a 6ft baby???

Its weird that i dont miss work at all yet, popped in a few days ago and it didnt feel the same, some how it was different, im beginning to hate saying goodbye to people, its happening all the time,

and then there is my mother, its weird, but i will miss her the most but cant say it. Had the sort of up bringing that meant we dont show emotion, so im dreading the airport, gotta keep in my head what a great exprience it will be, and i can always come back to visit.

As for the future, im so excited, and overwhelmed, is it the right move?

who knows,

but i will keep you updated on here, and will add pics when i can,

take care, and thanks to everyone on here who has provided help, who have entertained and reassured, and insipired.

Good Luck

Sugo
Old Sep 18th 2005, 4:31 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: here goes the last post in the UK, for me anyway

Awww, bless, what a lovely post...you'll have me howling in a minute...gulp, blink, blink...

The time for wondering if you're doing the right thing is not now Sugo!!

Don't try and second guess yourself, just plunge wildly into your future whilst holding your breath and hoping for the best and you will be absolutely fine I'm sure...

Awww, tell your Mum you will miss her and that you love her before you get on that plane...I'm the same with my Dad, love him to bits but never tell him coz dear god that would never do - he'd be absolutely mortified - but I will be doing it anyway before I get on the plane!!! If you really can't put it into words verbally then put it in a card or letter and hand it to her just as you leave...and just remember, it's only a plane ride away...it's not as though you can never come back or have family over to stay...

All the very best of luck to you in NZ Sugo and I can't wait to hear how you are getting on once you get there...pics too please...have a great time, safe journey and enjoy!!

Love
Pinkie
x
Old Sep 18th 2005, 8:44 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Your post sums up how we're all feeling Sugo - part scared, a little bit regretful, but ultimately just god-awful emotional. You know deep down you've made the right choice, and that you always have the option of coming back, there's no such thing as a closed door.

The words will come with your loved ones - remember, they're feeling exactly the same.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 9:08 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

Good Luck with everything Sugo!

Dave and Lyns
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:16 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Sugo

Don't look back just look to the future.... you have done so much to come this far and the journey is only just beginning

I'm sure you are doing the right thing but only you will know.... but hay it's not forever unless you want it to be

Take care and have a safe journey and keep us all up to date on your experiences, good and bad

Tell family that you love them, then you will have no regrets

But what ever you decide HAVE FUN

K9