Herbs and Spices

Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:23 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Herbs and Spices

I know that we are not allowed to bring in any foodstuffs in our luggage but Mrs wimpy was wondering if that extended to herbs and spices in there original sealed jars. She has built up quite a collection and some are really hard to find. I guess it does but you guys will know for sure
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:45 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Herbs and Spices

the guys today refused to pack our herbs, spices, cans and jars. Have had to give them all to my neighbour
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:47 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
the guys today refused to pack our herbs, spices, cans and jars. Have had to give them all to my neighbour
Kind of surprised that they refused to pack them, Kate. It's not their job to be the judge, it's MAFs. Still, yep they're right!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:48 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maz
Kind of surprised that they refused to pack them, Kate. It's not their job to be the judge, it's MAFs. Still, yep they're right!
i argued the hell with them - but they wouldnt budge. said it was my issue.... they said they wouldnt do it.
i stropped - didnt work. found them all in a neat little pile when i got home this afternoon! LMAO
ah well
Old Dec 4th 2007, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Squidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really nice

when we moved over to NZ we brought over all our kitchen stuff except for meat, dairy and poultry products. All flour, herbs & spices I brought in with no problem whatsoever, even jars of Tartare sauce (not the same in NZ), ketchup etc.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squidge
when we moved over to NZ we brought over all our kitchen stuff except for meat, dairy and poultry products. All flour, herbs & spices I brought in with no problem whatsoever, even jars of Tartare sauce (not the same in NZ), ketchup etc.
we were advised not to pack foodstuff but a few packets seemed to have been packed by mistake, i.e. soup.
If you want the herbs badly you could always handcarry them and declare them on arrival. I usually have herbal tea and sweets in my handluggage and declare it and them look at it and wave it through. "Declare it" is the advice at the airport
On the subject of herbs I have just done my first "big" shop since our container arrived so wanted to stock the kitchen cupboards and fill the spice rack and had no trouble buying herbs and spices.