Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Helpful hint for those new to BBQing in NZ.

Helpful hint for those new to BBQing in NZ.

Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Helpful hint for those new to BBQing in NZ.

Originally Posted by dreamfish
yeh - in supermarkets, you peel off all the outer leaves of the caulis and cabbages that you dont want and drop them into the bins they provide.

So you only really pay for what you want!

(i have been too embarrassed to do it yet because not entirely sure of protocol - so I take cruddy leaves home with me)
lol.... that made me snigger! I rip off all the leaves that look a bit manky. If I still had my old horse I would keep them for him as he was a walking waste disposal unit!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
I always take the pre-bagged grapes out of the bag and put back the rubbish ones - I'm not paying for them!!
Me too... me too!! I wondered if I was the only person who did that!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:20 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
I always take the pre-bagged grapes out of the bag and put back the rubbish ones - I'm not paying for them!!
Wow I am super impressed, I always end up with about a quarter of the bag at the bottom full of old stale grapes...I moan no end about it, never thought about just changing the bag...