Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help !. We have PR but cannot find work here. Any help / advice please?

Help !. We have PR but cannot find work here. Any help / advice please?

Old Nov 21st 2009, 4:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help !. We have PR but cannot find work here. Any help / advice please?

Have sent you a PM
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

emma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help !. We have PR but cannot find work here. Any help / advice please?

Hi everyone

I've not been on here for a while - but wanted to let you all know that I have a job as a PA in the council! So that's great news! However, we are heading back to the UK - the death of an immediate family member has made us realise just how far away we are - we're 23 and 27 - so we'll head home for a while, make the most of our loved ones then think about coming back when we're older.

Thanks for everyones advice over the last couple of months! Very grateful!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

Safe journey hope all goes well for you both
Old Dec 11th 2009, 9:50 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma23
Hi everyone

I've not been on here for a while - but wanted to let you all know that I have a job as a PA in the council! So that's great news! However, we are heading back to the UK - the death of an immediate family member has made us realise just how far away we are - we're 23 and 27 - so we'll head home for a while, make the most of our loved ones then think about coming back when we're older.

Sympathy & good luck wishes for you both, you'll return to NZ one day & it will be a more positive experience.
B x
Old Dec 11th 2009, 2:50 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB
Sympathy & good luck wishes for you both, you'll return to NZ one day & it will be a more positive experience.
B x
So sorry to hear your sad news, thinking of you both and your families take care, safe journey, all the best and hope to hear you make it back in the future.

Tina and Will. x
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:23 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi everyone

Sorry to read your very sad news Emma. There is never a good time to lose a loved one but to lose someone before Christmas is hard.

All the best for your return to the UK.
Don't be a stranger around the board, after all you'll be heading back this way sometime in the future & if you need a place to chat about your loss, please feel free. We'll understand .
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Really sorry to hear that Emma. Have a safe journey home & as Bevs says, keep in touch.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

emma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Really sorry to hear that Emma. Have a safe journey home & as Bevs says, keep in touch.
Hi everyone - thank you for your very kind words. However, the journey back to the UK won't be happening as soon as I had thought. Need to do my two years in order to obtain my IRRV! I had totally forgot that I needed it. The whole visa thing is totally confusing to me - but from what I gather I cannot apply for my IRRV until 2 years after my Residency visa was granted - which will take me up until Feb 2011. I feel a little bit low again now, as just thought I could go home - but if I don't stick it our until Feb 2011 who knows if I will be able to come back and the hard work will be wasted! Wish I knew what to do as I would love to go home at this time!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Emma.
You don't have to consistently be in NZ for every single day of the two years.

Second and subsequent returning resident's visa (indefinite)
Significant period of time spent in New Zealand
  1. They have held residence permits for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding their application for an RRV (ie, in each of the two 12-month portions, a period or periods that amount to 184 days or more).
It could well be that if you have already been here as a Permanent Resident for 6 months, you can leave for 12 months and then return for the final 6 months of your current RRV.

I really think you should speak to someone at NZIS and tell them how things stand.
If you do leave the country for quite a while - several months - then get that note added to your NZIS records for when you are able to come back.... and keep them informed.

When did you get your PR and under what category?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
Emma.
You don't have to consistently be in NZ for every single day of the two years.

It could well be that if you have already been here as a Permanent Resident for 6 months, you can leave for 12 months and then return for the final 6 months of your current RRV.

I really think you should speak to someone at NZIS and tell them how things stand.
If you do leave the country for quite a while - several months - then get that note added to your NZIS records for when you are able to come back.... and keep them informed.

When did you get your PR and under what category?
Hi Bev - my Visa was granted in Feb 2009 and we arrived here in Sept 2009 under the partnership category. Em