Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help wanted - finding rented in Wellington

Help wanted - finding rented in Wellington

Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice
Default Help wanted - finding rented in Wellington

Heeeelp

We are looking for rented property in Wellington, preferably the Eastern suburbs but are having problems finding something that will allow us to lease for a few months until we buy a house.

Does anyone know any companies that will lease for under a year?

Any help very much appreciated

Kerry

PS Happy New Year to you all
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help wanted - finding rented in Wellington

I cant see that it has changed that much in 4 yrs, but when we first arrived in Auckland and were looking to rent we had no problems finding short term leases. All the major estate agents had properties for 6 months or more on the books. We ended up taking one for a year but we knew we wanted it for that long, after that we renewed 6 months at a time. Also, might be worth looking at rentals on Trade Me?
Hope you find what you are looking for. How long have you been here now? I might have you confused with another couple but it isn't long is it?
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kerry & Dirk
Heeeelp

We are looking for rented property in Wellington, preferably the Eastern suburbs but are having problems finding something that will allow us to lease for a few months until we buy a house.

Kerry

we got our rental (minimum of 6mths) through ray white but not sure if they go down to welly, but will rack my brains to see what i can remember
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

[QUOTE = Jude J]I cant see that it has changed that much in 4 yrs, but when we first arrived in Auckland and were looking to rent we had no problems finding short term leases. All the major estate agents had properties for 6 months or more on the books. We ended up taking one for a year but we knew we wanted it for that long, after that we renewed 6 months at a time. Also, might be worth looking at rentals on Trade Me?
Hope you find what you are looking for. How long have you been here now? I might have you confused with another couple but it isn't long is it?[/QUOTE]

Hi Jude, yes your right, we have only been here for a month, we are living at my partners sisters but would like our own place for now.
Had a look on Trademe, found a couple of places but were a years lease. Apparently many are like that as winter gets very quiet and there are lots of rentals available therefore they can tie people in during the quiet periods. We were looking for fully furnished to begin with but due to the lack of these available, we will just buy second hand stuff from trademe until we find a house of our own and then will get all our own stuff out of storage
Old Jan 9th 2007, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Heeeelp

Kerry

Hi there - I've got a list of property managers - will send you PM
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi Poppets

Thanks for your response. Not had much luck today, rang quite a few property management companies and they have advised that there is not much about as they are getting snapped up. One company seem to have a few but its a one off $90 subscription charge so will need to look more into that. Tried looking under Ray White but did not find anything available for our area but will try on net again tomorrow. I'm not sure if they go through Realestate, looked at some many my mind is a blur
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Poppets

Thanks for your response. Not had much luck today, rang quite a few property management companies and they have advised that there is not much about as they are getting snapped up. One company seem to have a few but its a one off $90 subscription charge so will need to look more into that. Tried looking under Ray White but did not find anything available for our area but will try on net again tomorrow. I'm not sure if they go through Realestate, looked at some many my mind is a blur
Have you looked in the local papers? Also try calling the offices rather than looking on the net, as you can imagine they don't update it everyday, make freinds with the property managers and let them know you are nice, respectable and not gonna smash up the place then hopefully they will give you a ring when places become available.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

[Have you looked in the local papers? Also try calling the offices rather than looking on the net, as you can imagine they don't update it everyday, make freinds with the property managers and let them know you are nice, respectable and not gonna smash up the place then hopefully they will give you a ring when places become available.][/QUOTE]

Hi, yes we have had a look in the paper today. Been to view one today but he would prefer a years lease and will get back to us if no one is interested. Rang others in paper, some have gone already, left ans. machine mess for others to call us. Now going to ring some more property managers and will try grovelling very nicely . I know I wont smash up the place .... but not sure about my 11mth old ha ha but we wont mention that to anyone Kerry