Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help - Want to go to NZ but can't find a job?

Help - Want to go to NZ but can't find a job?

Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:54 am
Just Joined

birkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Help - Want to go to NZ but can't find a job?

i will agree with rockape. i am also in lower hutt and have met the man in question. who is very nice.

my hubby came out this year at the beginning of feb and toured the whole of the north island in 2 weeks and came home with a secure job offer.

my the beginning of may we had out pr visa's. we have now just bought our first nz home and are loving every minute of it.

some other good job sites are www.search4jobs.co.nz and trademe is a good site also.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - Want to go to NZ but can't find a job?

Originally Posted by happynz
Can't offer much advice other than that you might have more success in finding employment on this end rather than trying to get a NZ job from the UK.
Hiya Roland,

My OH is a truck driver and we were told we would find it really difficult getting work from this end.

After 6 weeks of emailing all the jobs fron the seek site we have had an offer, contracts recieved and the company ahev held the position open for 1 year...........how cool is that!!

My input is, it is very possible to get work from the UK. Just get emailing every bugger you can and you will get somewhere, even if its a reply saying pop in when you arrive.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

Roland.H will become famous soon enoughRoland.H will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cathdarke1
Hi Roland,

If you get a job offer whilst in the Uk and they are on the Employer Sponsor list - You can come on a Work to Residence visa which lasts 3 years (after 2 years you can apply for permanent residency). Immigration in London can issue this visa within 2 weeks as long as you have been for your medical. This is the visa we have come on - It took us longer as we have 2 children and they came on Studen Visas.

Look on www.seek.co.nz and www.search4jobs.co.nz

Cath
Thanks cathdarke,

Looked at the websites and really useful!!! Will have a good look at these.

Many Thanks
Roland
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Thanks kev&sarah

Looked at your link and couldn't believe how good google was! Loads of places to search! I will certainly use this again!

Much appreciated, Roland
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rockape
Roland,
I you look on www.Trademe.co.nz , there is a job there if your intrested in that all I can nsay is don't waste your money on consultants they only get your money and you my not hear any thing for a while.

Ignore the words at the bottom of all the adverts. They willl say don't appy if you don't have permision to work. Just send your C.V to all the orginisations in local authorities as in local papers they ask for sports people.

I hope this helps and good luck.

I was offered a job and now work in Lower Hutt, and did all the leg work my self, and payed off.
if you want to ask anything PM me.

Regards
Thanks rockape

I will check out the site! I must admit I have seen the text at the bottom of the job adverts. I will send a few CV's out and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks and will keep in mind your suggestion for further help, thanks Roland
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by birkinshaw
i will agree with rockape. i am also in lower hutt and have met the man in question. who is very nice.

my hubby came out this year at the beginning of feb and toured the whole of the north island in 2 weeks and came home with a secure job offer.

my the beginning of may we had out pr visa's. we have now just bought our first nz home and are loving every minute of it.

some other good job sites are www.search4jobs.co.nz and trademe is a good site also.
Thanks birkinshaw

I may take an extended break and visit NZ and see what I can find out whilst over there. Congratulations on buying your new home. Thanks for the job link, I will check it out.

Cheers, Roland
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kato33
Hiya Roland,

My OH is a truck driver and we were told we would find it really difficult getting work from this end.

After 6 weeks of emailing all the jobs fron the seek site we have had an offer, contracts recieved and the company ahev held the position open for 1 year...........how cool is that!!

My input is, it is very possible to get work from the UK. Just get emailing every bugger you can and you will get somewhere, even if its a reply saying pop in when you arrive.
Thanks kato33

I am starting to get an idea of what possible places I should e-mail with my CV and will do as you suggest - someone must want my skills so I will blast everyone that I can. Thanks for your support and help! Regards Roland