Help - Tauranga

Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice
Default Re: Help - Tauranga

Originally Posted by Elsie03
Thanks Marika....would you go back again? Im such a wimp when it comes to dentists...something to do with a madman in my youth trying to drill a tooth which had an absence in it.....not pretty..

L x
ABSESS!!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:35 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Sounds awfully like me experience!! But honestly, i thought he was a nice man, I know Liz will be laughing at me saying that, i had a terrible time at dentist here, but it wasn't his fault, he had to do what he had to do, it was my tooth giving all the problems, caused by bad dentistry in U.k. He was kind and thoughtful, but i havn't been to others to compare him too. Yes I would and will be going back to him,,
the view from his waiting room out over the sea is worth it alone!!!!
I do think though that dentists are a very personal thing and its who you feel comfortable with especially if you are a bit nervous.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

JimandLucy is an unknown quantity at this point

The joy of getting older and having crowns!! Managed to grind one in my sleep last night and discovered it broken this morning - doh!!

Having only been in the area for five months, any help from you fine people in recommending a GOOD dentist in the Tauranga area would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not good with dentists at the best times so even if you can suggest just the ones to avoid that will help too.

Thanks in advance.

Lyn
Hiya,
There is a POM I play football with called Chris who is a cool dentist. Check out http://www.citydental.net.nz/team.php?tid=8

Tell him Jim from football sent you
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

Originally Posted by JimandLucy
Hiya,
There is a POM I play football with called Chris who is a cool dentist. Check out http://www.citydental.net.nz/team.php?tid=8

Thanks Jim, I'll check it out.

Im hoping he was on your team and not a losing opposite side....hate to think of him seeking revenge.....
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Im hoping he was on your team and not a losing opposite side....hate to think of him seeking revenge.....
"Thanks Jim, I'll check it out." For some reason this appeared in your quote instead of my reply to you..Oops, sorry not good at this techno stuff..

Lyn
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Helen....was he good? (As in allowing for anaesthetic to kick in before taking a huge drill to your mouth??)

Lyn
You are paying the bill Lyn - ask for a stop signal...the nicest ones check you are numb with the explorer thingy before starting and then stop again immediately after starting to ensure all is well....a place called 'The Tooth Fairy' sounds like they have a sense of humour at least...always a good start.

Best to go before you get an abscess, unfortunately harder to get numb sometimes (but not always) because of infection present but some dentists have better anaesthesia techniques than others....personally I wouldn't choose one who had given someone a hugely hard time (better if done nicely not nastily though) since it shouldn't really be necessary these days. There are always sedation options and nitrous etc.....in Wellington at least. Sometimes antibiotics can be given first so the infection clears up sufficiently before the tooth is worked on.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimandLucy
Hiya,

Elsie - this one looks good - no need to suffer - sedation available.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:31 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Elsie - this one looks good - no need to suffer - sedation available.
Hi luvwelly,
sorry to hijack breifly Lyn, but could you elaborate more on the sedation that is available, I know nothing of this, just wondering now if it would have been available when i needed it, not that it matters now, but would make me feel more comfortable knowing its something I can talk to dentist about, should the need ever arise. Thanks.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Hi luvwelly,
sorry to hijack breifly Lyn, but could you elaborate more on the sedation that is available, I know nothing of this, just wondering now if it would have been available when i needed it, not that it matters now, but would make me feel more comfortable knowing its something I can talk to dentist about, should the need ever arise. Thanks.
I'll pm you a link on dental sedation options....not all dentists offer it - yours probably doesn't hence why it wasn't offered.
I personally have never had any sedation but I tend to choose places where it is an option just in case.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:49 am
Cornish Lass

Originally Posted by luvwelly
I'll pm you a link on dental sedation options....not all dentists offer it - yours probably doesn't hence why it wasn't offered.
I personally have never had any sedation but I tend to choose places where it is an option just in case.
Thanks for that, most kind.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Helen....was he good? (As in allowing for anaesthetic to kick in before taking a huge drill to your mouth??)

Lyn
Yes he was very gentle, very calm, I couldn't feel a thing, and the filling has been good.I'd go to him again.

Hugh Read
16 Bethlehem Rd
Tauranga
tel 07 579 1669
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi folks

Thanks for the, sensible, suggestions....I'm off this afternoon to City Dental practice hoping no pliers involved...

Many thanks again
Lyn
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Help - Tauranga

Too late to wish you good luck - hope it went well.