Help with schools

Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

spatch will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Help with schools

Anyone out there can you help me get around what year my daughter would be in at school. She is in Year 7 over here, age 11 at present and will be 12 on July 19th. Any idea? Once I have sussed this out then I can get my head around does she go to Primary or Intermediate or Secondary. Cheers
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:59 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Help with schools

My daughter, born 4 September 1996, is in year six and will be off to intermediate school for the coming school year starting in February 2008.

HTH
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

spatch will become famous soon enough

Thanks HTH

That would make my daughter in her second year at Intermediate school next Feb 2008. Any idea what year that is? Is that year 8 like our Secondary schools?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:33 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Yes, you're right. She'll be year eight.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:02 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Think you'll find she'll be year 7 here too.

Our eldest is 12, she turns 13 in August and she's year 8.

Intermediate school is for year 7 and 8. Some schools, such as our kids, go right through to year 8 whereas others go to year 6 and then they go onto intermediate school for 2 years before going to High School, or whatever name it is known by

HTH
Old Jul 7th 2007, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spatch
Anyone out there can you help me get around what year my daughter would be in at school. She is in Year 7 over here, age 11 at present and will be 12 on July 19th. Any idea? Once I have sussed this out then I can get my head around does she go to Primary or Intermediate or Secondary. Cheers
Hi,
If shes in year 7 in UK and you come out before Dec then she'll stay in year 7 until Feb when she'll start year 8.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spatch
Hey my birthday is July 19th too!

My daughter will be twelve on August 19th and she is year 7 here. Where she is at school Intermediate is years 7 & 8 (Although its all one school with the years 1 - 6). Then year 9 is high school.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Up until I read this I thought my daughter would be going to first year in college???

She is 13, her birthday was 28th June....Does this mean she will be starting at intermediate school? or is their a cut of with dates?

Cheers

Garry
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
Up until I read this I thought my daughter would be going to first year in college???

She is 13, her birthday was 28th June....Does this mean she will be starting at intermediate school? or is their a cut of with dates?

Cheers

Garry
Well my son is 13 (14 in August) and he has been at high school since Feb this year. If that helps.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:36 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg

Cheers

Garry

Think she'll probably be in last year of primary/intermediate (year 8). My daughter is 13 in August and in year 8.

Have to say that we are glad that she's had the opportunity to make some friends, understand how school 'works' here and also subjects that she hasn't come across before.

Children are taught to work a lot more independently here; they are encouraged to assess their own work and the effort they have put into it.

All these are vital skills IMO to learn before they go to senior school and we believe the transition will be easier for her because of it!!