Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help RE: Baby Food

Help RE: Baby Food

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:57 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice
Default Help RE: Baby Food

Just a quick one which I hope someone will be able to answer by tomorrow, as the PC is being packed away tomorrow ready for shipping

I know you can't take food into NZ but what do you do about jars of food,follow on milk, juice e.t.c for a baby, do you have to ditch all that before getting off the plane and then buy new........ if so are shops open late........ we land at 18.00...... don't fancy going out shopping after the flight :scared: ............ don't even know where the shops are

Will need to feed him before bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help its all getting to much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared:

Lets hope it's worth it

Thank you all

K9
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

melting pot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help RE: Baby Food

I have travelled a few times to NZ and have never been asked to dispose of bottled or jars of baby food.
As long as it is all sealed it will be fine, but anything fresh you will have to dispose of...hope that allays your worries,best of luck on your trip..
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Can you get Sachets of milk powder that you can bring until you get to the shops?
The Dairys are open to about 8.30, some supermarkets are open 24hrs as some petrol stations are.
Where abouts are you going too in NZ and what area?
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:14 am
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Originally Posted by annaerb
Can you get Sachets of milk powder that you can bring until you get to the shops?
The Dairys are open to about 8.30, some supermarkets are open 24hrs as some petrol stations are.
Where abouts are you going too in NZ and what area?

Thanks for the replies we are going to Napier I don't know about the sachets of powder might just take a tin of sealed sma in and declare it

K9
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:50 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K9s
Thanks for the replies we are going to Napier I don't know about the sachets of powder might just take a tin of sealed sma in and declare it

K9
Good idea. Sachets are also good as they are sold in packets of individual servings so you can simply open them one at a time as you need them en route. Actually the cartons of completely ready made milk would probably be even better as you are not at the hands of the cabin crew who may be busy doing the meal service when your baby starts to holler!

The last thing you need after such a long flight is an immediate worry about changing formula/food that your baby knows and eats.

Good luck, it will be fine. I was amazed at how well babies and children cope with the journey when we went at Xmas. I would never have believed it possible.