Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help please! Need to contact UK car insurance company

Help please! Need to contact UK car insurance company

Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice
Default Help please! Need to contact UK car insurance company

Hi,

I need to contact my old UK car insurance company (Tesco) as the numbnuts still havent sent my proof of no claims discount to us and as a result we are having to pay over the odds for our NZ car insurance

Heres the catch, they are only contactable via a 0845 number - is it possible to call this from NZ, I have a feeling the answer is no!

My father in law spoke to them but they are unwilling to deal with him without my consent, so he asked for a landline number I can call them on - no joy. Also he asked for an email address and they couldnt even give him one

I'm banging my head against a brick wall here for something that should be relatively straightforward ...any ideas on the 0845 number or any other suggestions?

Cheers
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help please! Need to contact UK car insurance company

Hi Dave,

You can ring the 0845 number and just do as you would normally and drop the '0'.

We are from near where you were. Where are you now? We are from Laindon.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by banshigirl; Nov 15th 2010 at 6:04 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:03 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave77
Hi,

I need to contact my old UK car insurance company (Tesco) as the numbnuts still havent sent my proof of no claims discount to us and as a result we are having to pay over the odds for our NZ car insurance

Heres the catch, they are only contactable via a 0845 number - is it possible to call this from NZ, I have a feeling the answer is no!

My father in law spoke to them but they are unwilling to deal with him without my consent, so he asked for a landline number I can call them on - no joy. Also he asked for an email address and they couldnt even give him one

I'm banging my head against a brick wall here for something that should be relatively straightforward ...any ideas on the 0845 number or any other suggestions?

Cheers
Try this.....

http://www.saynoto0870.com/
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by banshigirl
Hi Dave,

You can ring the 0845 number and just do as you would normally and drop the '0'.

We are from near where you were. Where are you now? We are from Laindon.

Hope this helps.
Hi there!

Many thanks, will give it a try. Its a small world, seems like half of Essex is over here

We are in Dunedin, only been here a month but really enjoying life in NZ. Where abouts are you?

Cheers
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sirplug
Thanks Sirplug, just managed to find a land line number on there too. Am spoilt for choice now
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Hiya,

I know but you are all far away from us!

We are in Huia now (must change location!!). So way out West. Been here for just over two years. Well, Hubs has and I have been over here and over there but am now here for good.

Pity you are not nearer.

Hope the phone call goes ok.

Deb
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by banshigirl
Hiya,

I know but you are all far away from us!

We are in Huia now (must change location!!). So way out West. Been here for just over two years. Well, Hubs has and I have been over here and over there but am now here for good.

Pity you are not nearer.

Hope the phone call goes ok.

Deb
Thanks Deb, just got off the phone and hopefully sorted, statements on their way to the in-laws who can email them over.

Huia? I've not even heard of it, where is it near Greymouth? Well if you're ever down this way you'll have to give us a look

Take care