Help please....

Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Deitch34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help please....

Hi Everyone,
I'm still new to this, I was originally looking at moving to Canada and researched that quite thoroughly, however, I sent a cv to a company in NZ and they have offered me a job after completing a phone interview and a couple of tests online, its a good package but they want me quite quickly......what do I do now??

Do I have to submit the EOI or do you think I can just apply for a work permit and then apply for the PR when I get over to NZ?

I don't have to worry about selling a house or anything and I only need to give 1 months notice at my current employment.

I am desperately trying to cram my research in now for NZ but it is all starting to blurr a little, information overload I think,,so any help/advice would be fantastic,,they have also said they would try to take into account the location of where I would want to live in NZ, where would people recommend?

Really appreciate this,,,thanks
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please....

Originally Posted by Deitch34
Hi Everyone,
I'm still new to this, I was originally looking at moving to Canada and researched that quite thoroughly, however, I sent a cv to a company in NZ and they have offered me a job after completing a phone interview and a couple of tests online, its a good package but they want me quite quickly......what do I do now??

Do I have to submit the EOI or do you think I can just apply for a work permit and then apply for the PR when I get over to NZ?

I don't have to worry about selling a house or anything and I only need to give 1 months notice at my current employment.

I am desperately trying to cram my research in now for NZ but it is all starting to blurr a little, information overload I think,,so any help/advice would be fantastic,,they have also said they would try to take into account the location of where I would want to live in NZ, where would people recommend?

Really appreciate this,,,thanks
Hi

If you apply for a work permit and the employer meets the regs set down then once you are here you can apply for the PR

Congrats
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:52 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Hi

If you apply for a work permit and the employer meets the regs set down then once you are here you can apply for the PR

Congrats
My employer provided assistance to get a work visa (make sure it's over 2 years as this will ensure you get certain benefits here), and I used the medicals and polcie checks in my PR which I sent of just about at the same time. I got PR in double quick time through London but you can do it here too.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Deitch34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou! Do I have to apply here, I read somewhere (not sure how true it is) that if you have a job offer and confirmation of that offer you can go to the immigration at the airport and arrange to collect a permit there to save time applying in the UK,,is that true?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:37 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deitch34
Thankyou! Do I have to apply here, I read somewhere (not sure how true it is) that if you have a job offer and confirmation of that offer you can go to the immigration at the airport and arrange to collect a permit there to save time applying in the UK,,is that true?
Never heard of that! - Maybe you'd get a temporary visa but as you need to do things like medicals and police checks for longer term visas I would say not.

To be honest any employer offering jobs to people overseas without current work status in New Zealand should be pointing you in the right direction to get the correct visa. Just having a job offer is not a 'ticket' to getting a visa I'm afraid.