Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

help for our playlist

help for our playlist

Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold
Default help for our playlist

now we have an earlier immigrating date, we are thinking about a NZ playlist. we like to make playlists for special events in our lives as then certain songs will always evoke certain memories.

so.. can you help with suggestions of some good tuneage to emmigrate to? tunes that will remind us of packing up, flying out, beaches, kiwi lifestyle, sunshine etc..

our first ones on the list are Katie Tunstall "other side of the world"

thanks.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:44 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help for our playlist

Have a look here

http://www.fond-farewell.com/goodbye-songs.html

Dewb
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Gin Wigmore 'Under my Skin' she's a kiwi & brill the song could represent your love for nz
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

How about Crowded House(NZ band)"Weather with you"
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:22 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Dream -ABBA
Lust for Life - Iggy Pop
We've gotta get out of this place- The Animals
The times they are A changing - Bob Dylan
Say hello, wave goodbye - Soft Cell
Should I stay or should I go -Clash
New Life - Depeche Mode
Right here right now - Fatboy Slim
Come Home - James

I seem completely unable to think of any from the last decade, there must be some
At the moment 'I'm only happy when it Rains' seems very appropriate here in Christchurch
Old Mar 11th 2010, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome Home by Dave Dobbyn to celebrate your new start
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

come fly with me...old blue eyes

lay my hat, thats my home (can't think of the proper title)...paul young

this used to be my playground...Madonna (suppose that more appropriate for a return visit to the uk)

pokare-areana...Hayley westeren...This is a very kiwi song and she sings it beautifully

Leanne
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

cool. playlistcoming along nicely,,,, dont forget the classic land down under!

thanks
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

How about Big Country by Big Country!
Old Mar 14th 2010, 11:22 pm
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

Leaving on a jet plane - Peter Paul and Mary,
Are you ready to fly - Rozalla,
I'm Free - the Who,
Stranger in a Strange Land - Iron Maiden,
Hello Goodbye - The Beatles
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

weve also found The Kooks- See the world, chilli peppers - Around the world. REM half a worls away. Lady hawke (also from NZ) magic, Jet lag by the Delays, so far away Dire straights, the great escape by We are scientists. isnt it midnight on the other side of the world by Fleetwood mac!

this is great fun...(when we should be packing!!) got 70 songs on the playlist now!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Him and Me
come fly with me...old blue eyes

lay my hat, thats my home (can't think of the proper title)...paul young

this used to be my playground...Madonna (suppose that more appropriate for a return visit to the uk)

pokare-areana...Hayley westeren...This is a very kiwi song and she sings it beautifully

Leanne
aw just done search for pokarekare ana, yes its lovely! and i do believe thats the song that ends each Billy connolly episode (a slightly funkier version tho!) of his NZ prog
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MattandJax
aw just done search for pokarekare ana, yes its lovely! and i do believe thats the song that ends each Billy connolly episode (a slightly funkier version tho!) of his NZ prog
Glad you like it
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

oooh and what about "Tsunami" by Manic street preachers??
nooo we'll leave that one off i think!!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should listen to some of the lyrics of the songs that have been picked/suggest, not really songs gearing you up for a happy new life in NZ!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.