Reload this Page >

Help with nice areas to live in Auckland

Help with nice areas to live in Auckland

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:52 am
Just Joined

UrbanGeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help with nice areas to live in Auckland

Hello everyone,

I will be coming over to Auckland on a Working Holiday visa fairly soon and currently looking to secure accommodation out there before I arrive.

I am really keen to live close to the city centre as possible but wouldn't mind traveling a bit if there are frequent buses to the city to save a bit on rent so, I was hoping you guys could point out some good areas I should be looking at while room hunting. Places that are equivalent to Hampstead, Kensington, Chiswick & Richmond in London would really be my preference.

Any advise would be much appreciated, many thanks.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with nice areas to live in Auckland

Takapuna is nice and is an easy bus ride away. Good beaches, cafes, bars etc
Have a look at maxx.co.nz for travelling options and times
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

Try Parnell and Remuera for nice areas close to the city. A little further out try Epsom, Mission Bay, Kohi or St Heliers
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

I don't think you'll find many London-type suburbs in Auckland or near- river areas like Richmond or Chiswick. However, the North Shore areas like Takapuna would probably give you the most sophistication with their many bars and cafes and Milford and the nearer bays are pleasant places to live. I'd imagine there would be more flats and room-sharing around Takapuna than further out as well.-
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:49 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I think Parnell.