Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

Old Nov 8th 2007, 6:58 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

May I just go back to those images I posted further back in the thread? they were actually from the teara.govt.nz website, on which it was admitted they were romanticised images designed to attract migrants.

Did those images accurately portray the reality of life for many people living in NZ at that time and isn't the same thing still being done today? and Why?

Whitesand - you made a very important point about the economic benefits of migration in NZ. Without it the economy would be dependent on milk, meat and wool sales. I'd love to see some statistics on the amount of money migration adds to the economy and the government coffers every year.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:11 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nerine
May I just go back to those images I posted further back in the thread? they were actually from the teara.govt.nz website, on which it was admitted they were romanticised images designed to attract migrants.

Did those images accurately portray the reality of life for many people living in NZ at that time and isn't the same thing still being done today? and Why?

Whitesand - you made a very important point about the economic benefits of migration in NZ. Without it the economy would be dependent on milk, meat and wool sales. I'd love to see some statistics on the amount of money migration adds to the economy and the government coffers every year.

Somewhere I read that for every 2.5 new immigrants the ripple creates one new job in New Zealand.

Whether that is a diary farmer or sheep shearer, I can’t say.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:45 am
Banned

Baron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the rough

Hey Kippers, you seem a walking or in this case sitting encyclopedia. You need to get out more.
(This post is by BSG's partner, we share an account as I am English and thinking of moving to NZ with him next year.)

So as soon as someone brings more than just bias and lies to a discussion they get this response? Nice.

I get the feeling that all this talk about not being allowed to say anything negative about NZ is simply a case of 'best defense is a good offense', the sheer volume of negative stufff in here by the same old people again and again is staggering, its not constructive its not helpful, you paint things as fact when it is in fact just opinion. And anyone that dares to disagree with you is insulted.

You may have a hard time sttling into NZ and you may not like some of the aspects of NZ life, put up with it or go home. Dont vent your frustartions at people who might come to this board fot useful information, its no coincidence that most the the whingers on this board very rarely actually offer any constructive advice, they perefer just to whine.. and whine... and whine. It's tedious.

They even whine when people disagree with thier negative opinions, misery loves company and they have it on this board in spades.

I am not going to stop coming to NZ because I have spent a lot of time there and discussed lots of the positives and negatives with my partner, but I do worry that people just considering coming to NZ arent getting a true reflection of the countryon this board but instead just a reflection of some bitter individuals who would be unhappy no matter what country they lived in.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:57 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

A prime example,

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10474763

Note – no mention that the praat could have killed innocent people
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:00 am
Banned

Baron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the rough

Note – no mention that the praat could have killed innocent people
Also no mention that his car had tyres... maybe as it would be stating the bleeding obvious... jeez.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:10 am

I'm sure that people are adult enough to reach their own conclusions about the positives and negatives of New Zealand after hearing both sides of a discussion.

But I doubt though that anyone would base their decision to emigrate soley on the views of posters on this forum (or any other)

There is no substitute for first hand experience, everyone has a different take on life. It's good that people feel able to talk openly about it on here don't you think?

Welcome to a forum.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Baron Silas Greenback
Also no mention that his car had tyres... maybe as it would be stating the bleeding obvious... jeez.
Talking about bleeding obvious.....so much karma yet so few posts. You seem like an old hand at foruming if you don't mind me saying so.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:23 am
Banned

(This post is by BSG's partner, we share an account as I am English and thinking of moving to NZ with him next year.)

So as soon as someone brings more than just bias and lies to a discussion they get this response? Nice.

I get the feeling that all this talk about not being allowed to say anything negative about NZ is simply a case of 'best defense is a good offense', the sheer volume of negative stufff in here by the same old people again and again is staggering, its not constructive its not helpful, you paint things as fact when it is in fact just opinion. And anyone that dares to disagree with you is insulted.

You may have a hard time sttling into NZ and you may not like some of the aspects of NZ life, put up with it or go home. Dont vent your frustartions at people who might come to this board fot useful information, its no coincidence that most the the whingers on this board very rarely actually offer any constructive advice, they perefer just to whine.. and whine... and whine. It's tedious.

They even whine when people disagree with thier negative opinions, misery loves company and they have it on this board in spades.

I am not going to stop coming to NZ because I have spent a lot of time there and discussed lots of the positives and negatives with my partner, but I do worry that people just considering coming to NZ arent getting a true reflection of the countryon this board but instead just a reflection of some bitter individuals who would be unhappy no matter what country they lived in.
Greetings Baron’s partner,

Interesting post. Where in England do you come from?

Is the Baron from England or France?

So if you are “thinking” of moving to New Zealand with the Baron what are the positive aspects you have to offer regarding New Zealand (perhaps a new topic for this is more appropriate that the current road issue on this one)?

I would me most interested to hear what it is that makes you want to leave your country of birth ( if that is the case ?) to move to New Zealand, better prospects perhaps ? Would be interested (and I am sure others too) to hear your input on your situation. I am sure that will be a positive contribution for the Brit Ex Pats community.

Good luck with your decisions Baroness (if I may call you that, being English it may offend!)
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:24 am
Banned

Whats Karma?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

You can post what you like but , you know where the airport is and being accused of bitching moves the goalposts.
Insults, just look who cast the first stone.

Lies
The houses are cold (mostly)
Wages are not good,
Drivers are crap , The test over here is to easy now, I can't imagine how it was 30 years ago. These are concerns to many people. You people belong in a fascist dictatorship where only propaganda by you is published. Are you the morality censor on this site?
You have your head the same place as your mate. See earlier post. You are the bitter twisted individuals who like to stick their heads in the sand.
I tried to explain other peoples outlook to you but alas you have your earplugs in. I can post my opinions on here within the forum rules. You must be the self assigned moderators.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:29 am
Banned

Greetings Baron’s partner,
Thanks

Interesting post. Where in England do you come from?
London, Sydenham to be exact.

Is the Baron from England or France?
He is a New Zealander.

Good luck with your decisions Baroness (if I may call you that, being English it may offend!)
Doesnt offend he picked the silly name. I should probably get my own login.

I am moving to NZ after spending a year with him there in 2004, it was lovely. And he wants to return home for good and start a family. I liked the time I spent living there and think the UK is not as good for bringing up a family.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:32 am
Banned

Nah, it’s not considered an offence to drive without tyres in New Zealand.

Slicks are more appropriate
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:32 am
Banned

You people belong in a fascist dictatorship where only propaganda by you is published. Are you the morality censor on this site?
You have your head the same place as your mate. See earlier post. You are the bitter twisted individuals who like to stick their heads in the sand.
I tried to explain other peoples outlook to you but alas you have your earplugs in. I can post my opinions on here within the forum rules. You must be the self assigned moderators.
You seriously need to see a therapist...

And again you try with the victim approach, your not a victim, you are a whinger.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:35 am

BSG! Come on then, we're waiting to see you take up Cambells offer to start your own positive and constructive contributions to this sparkling and active forum.

Last edited by Nerine; Nov 8th 2007 at 8:44 am. Reason: one "e" too many.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:40 am
Banned

BSG! Come one then, we're waiting to see you take up Cambells offer to start your own positive and constructive contributions to this sparkling and active forum.
When I have a question that my partner cant relate to or cant answer about to NZ, then I will ask. I am not going to let you lot bully me into starting a thread for the sake of it. I wasnt aware you ahd to start a thread to make a postive contribution.

I have seen my partner answer a few questions on here, and I have read some great informative and supportive threads answeting questions I didnt even realise I had!

Its quite disturbing to see you and your mates acting like whinging forum bullies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.