Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

Old Nov 6th 2007, 5:58 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?-15-yo.jpg   HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?-shell-right.png  
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Campbells
Enjoy
Ah I see humour! negative humour! the Gods own country squad will have your guts for garters.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:10 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
I reckon you have been here to long, you have turned into a native.
Why should most considerate drivers who actually think of road craft and get into lane in good time, give way to the W****r who wants jump the Queue ( IN UK ) or as in NZ Mr or Mrs to busy day dreaming to watch the road ahead.
Gets right up my nose.
I find lane changing is mainly an issue in Auckland, where if you are not local and do not know the layout up ahead then you will at some point get caught in the wrong lane. Its happened to me (about 800m before the actual critical point), and there was no way those Auckland w*****s were going to let me in. I'm not bitter, really but then I did comfort myself by thinking that they get to drive in that s***hole every day, and I go back to my safe, quiet roads and my 3 minute commute...
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:12 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy

Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:31 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by southerner
I find lane changing is mainly an issue in Auckland
Actually I find changing lanes pretty easy

Guess I must be a BIG city slicker
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:47 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I find changing lanes pretty easy

Guess I must be a BIG city slicker
Good for you - I've done my 10 years in a big city...and am enjoying something different now.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
NZ drivers are different animals than in the UK. Placid most of the time but very unaware of other road users. ( Phoning and texting on the move )
The merging from 2 lanes into 1, they never think ahead and end up side by side going into one lane. No forward planning and thought about where to filter in. They don't read the road when approaching roundabouts grinding to a halt even when there is no traffic. Also having no use for their mirrors.
In the UK it is far more congested and aggressive but drivers are road aware.
Spot on! Couldn't have put it better myself.

My :curse: are the ones that reverse out of driveways, or speed up to an intersection onto a major road, without considering the fact that maybe, just maybe, they might not have to stop.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:38 am
Banned

Pete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura about

Blow me its turned into a Auckalnd versus the rest of New Zealand thread.

Its simple Auckland drivers are the worst offenders, they are used to driving around the city on clogged up 3 lane highway and once they get past the Bombay Hills or Orewa they are totally stuffed.

Like I said get out of Auckland and see how the rest of New Zealand behaves on the road and strangly enough you can bet you bottom dollar that most of the accidents outside of auckland are caused by Aucklanders

Not that I would know mind you I dont work in a area that deals with statistics like that and I am totally unbiased towards Auckland. I like Rush hour in the country gets busy during the migrations but thats all

<snip>

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 6th 2007 at 9:49 am. Reason: No need really is there.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:03 am
Banned

Baron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the rough

Anyways if you dont like it and want to compare it to the UK then you know where the Airport is! Just thought I would say that.
I will help them pack just to get rid of them.....

Some of the comments on this thread are hilarious, UK drivers more road aware... you are joking surely, road awareness is an individual trait not a national trait, you get idiots and annoying drivers in every country. I am starting to expect gross generalisations and scare mongering on this board, and its the same old people every time. Just shows some people emmigrate because they look forward to a new life.. and others emmigrate as they have run out of things to whinge about in their current country, so need a new country to bitch about.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:10 am
Banned

Pete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Baron Silas Greenback

Some of the comments on this thread are hilarious, UK drivers more road aware... you are joking surely, road awareness is an individual trait not a national trait, you get idiots and annoying drivers in every country. I am starting to expect gross generalisations and scare mongering on this board, and its the same old people every time. Just shows some people emmigrate because they look forward to a new life.. and others emmigrate as they have run out of things to whinge about in their current country, so need a new country to bitch about.
Spot on!

I read somewhere back along a person on this forum admitting how bad a driver they were and where were they from? Oh yes the UK
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

I think we may have scared Tanya off
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Your comments make me fall off my chair with laughter (LOL). Take your rose tinted glasses off and look at the real picture or is your head stuck to far up where the the sun don't shine, you can't see anything. No bitchin just my observations.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:20 am
Banned

Baron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the rough

Your comments make me fall off my chair with laughter (LOL). Take your rose tinted glasses off and look at the real picture or is your head stuck to far up where the the sun don't shine, you can't see anything. No bitchin just my observations.
You fell off your chair? Clearly ther chairs fault.. and it was probably made in NZ... maybe you should start a thread saying how NZ cant make chairs properly.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

You fell off your chair? Clearly ther chairs fault.. and it was probably made in NZ... maybe you should start a thread saying how NZ cant make chairs properly.
I just can't take you seriously with a Avatar like you have. It conjures up thoughts of a fat green slimy frog.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:32 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.