Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:09 am
Banned

Baron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

Aren't they just , so you DO admit to being an old hand at this forum thing?
ok... if 30 odd posts and having a brain is an old hand.. then sure.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:11 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Baron Silas Greenback
I am not a Kiwi, my partner is, clearly this is to confusing for the slower individuals on the board.
Clearly, it is too,

But it is still a nightmare for most Kiwis’ 2 be considered French.

Hey, Baroness
You must remember, slow down. You are operating at London pace, you have to learn the Kiwi way and clearly, it is not PC to consider that any individual is slower than the other is.

The Kiwi way, is to help the slower individuals how to gain momentum without insulting them or explaining to them that they are actually clearly operating at a slower speed .

You see, you are now gaining beneficial insight for your new life in New Zealand, which proves that this forum is not all negative.

You must remember that all poppies grow at the same rate and also that your broadband speeds over there are way faster than ours so it will take us some time to catch up to your speed.

I have no doubt the Baron will induct you into the Kiwi way
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:16 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

You seriously need to see a therapist... .
If you play rugby

you get free treatment
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:19 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Clearly, it is too,

But it is still a nightmare for most Kiwis’ 2 be considered French.

Hey, Baroness
You must remember, slow down. You are operating at London pace, you have to learn the Kiwi way and clearly, it is not PC to consider that any individual is slower than the other is.

The Kiwi way, is to help the slower individuals how to gain momentum without insulting them or explaining to them that they are actually clearly operating at a slower speed .

You see, you are now gaining beneficial insight for your new life in New Zealand, which proves that this forum is not all negative. now that is the most amusing post on this thread - oopps, there goes another poppy........

You must remember that all poppies grow at the same rate and also that your broadband speeds over there are way faster than ours so it will take us some time to catch up to your speed.

I have no doubt the Baron will induct you into the Kiwi way
at the pillars of NZ life seamlessly woven into the post
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:23 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps it would be best to get this thread back on track now?

I'm sure BSG didn't mean to derail it so successfully but there you go...minds wander off topic sometimes don't they.

Know I'm going to have to go back a few pages , where were we?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:27 am
Banned

I am not a Kiwi, my partner is, clearly this is to confusing for the slower individuals on the board.
Yes,

You are right it is confusing having two people using the same account

Mind you, it is the Kiwi way.

Convince the Baron to buy two computers that way you can have separate accounts and not confuse the other members. This in turn will increase your productivity and offer you more lifestyle time for you are your family

Let’s be honest, you must argue over the computer at times, especially when the replies are coming in fast.

Mind the gap.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:28 am
Banned

Baron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the rough

Good point... after detailed analysis... we can ascertain that the thread was about whinging. Back on track then. No problem, glad to help.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lardyl
at the pillars of NZ life seamlessly woven into the post
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:36 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine

I'm sure BSG didn't mean to derail it so successfully but there you go...minds wander off topic sometimes don't they.

well, I'll add my whinging POM bit - driving is bad, roads are crowded aroung centres, public transport is patchy to none-existant, roads are liable to flash flooding and being swept away (hence why Hiway Stabilizers are here there and everywhere), sun-strike can be a real problem, vehicle maintenace varies down to the "joke" level, courtesy and lane discipline are foreign concepts, insurance is optional, 15 year olds on mopeds in gangs on their way to school are likely to get wiped out when they come down the inside and outside.......
My experience of doing a fair number of ks for work and a 70km round trip commute is of some shocking maneaures on the roads, over pavements and on the wrong side of roads, more accidents witnessed in 10 months in Auckland than in 10 years of 20k+ a year in UK and of having to live with a commute that's pretty dire in rush hour..........
NZ is a great place for kids but not so good for your nerves to start with on the roads - I am learning and becoming sensitised to the worst bits of the driving so no longer really care.
The one saving grace is that Kiwis all seem to have gone down that route and don't care so there is not going to be the road rage that should exist given the standard of driving here.......
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:36 am
Banned

He has been here for 10 years, with 1 year in the NZ in 2004. I am sure he considered the UK as home in many ways, but that’s a difficult concept to nail down. What you define as home changes from individual to individual. He is attached enough to support Crystal Palace and only a local would be foolish enough to do that.
So, home is an individual definition.

So would it be fair to say that if the Kiwi Baron couldn’t nail down the concept of home in the UK then anybody not considering NZ their home for at least five years is a fair comparison or are there different rules that apply to Kiwi’s living in the UK that don’t want to make it their home

Of course, I may be a bit slow on the uptake, clearly
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:39 am
you dewty owld maan!

Good point... after detailed analysis... we can ascertain that the thread was about whinging. Back on track then. No problem, glad to help.
if you bang the record player then the needle will jump you know...........
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:42 am
Banned

Of course, I may be a bit slow on the uptake, clearly
Agreed.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:49 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

..glad to help.
That's the spirit! ...good chap/ess.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Erm... how, exactly, is this helpful to people looking to this forum for advice and information on moving to New Zealand?
I agree. It isn't.

Time to hit the road ...........