Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help....New Zealand or Australia????

Help....New Zealand or Australia????

Old Nov 28th 2010, 10:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help....New Zealand or Australia????

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Like Buzzy I too have lived in both and can say people are just as friendly in both places, the air quality is about the same (depending on where you are and the time of year) and it can be just as green and pleasant here as it is there. Not only does it have far more opportunities than New Zealand the quality of those opportunities is better and there are more to chose from.

IMO the weather, the houses and the standard of living is far better here.

That's just my opinion and others will feel differently, just bear in mind there's a reason why half a million Kiwis live here and there's only 4 million people in New Zealand - a sizable proportion of which are immigrants.
Stop tantalising.
Me and him are too old for Oz PR otherwise we would probably give it a bit of a go.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:13 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Stop tantalising.
Me and him are too old for Oz PR otherwise we would probably give it a bit of a go.
<shrug> so just get your blue passport innit.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:22 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Help....New Zealand or Australia????

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
<shrug> so just get your blue passport innit.
An NZ passport does not give you PR in Australia any more, not since 2001.

I had to let a work colleague down gently who was convinced that as an NZ citizen who had lived here since 2006, that she had PR and was eligible for citizenship next year.

I have had to tell her that far from being eligible for citizenship, she will probably never be eligible for PR as she is over 45.

BB
Old Nov 29th 2010, 1:15 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite true, if you're in certain occupations it is possible to get PR if you're over 45 if an employer sponsors you for it. I know a few people who've done this.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 1:32 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
An NZ passport does not give you PR in Australia any more, not since 2001.

I had to let a work colleague down gently who was convinced that as an NZ citizen who had lived here since 2006, that she had PR and was eligible for citizenship next year.

I have had to tell her that far from being eligible for citizenship, she will probably never be eligible for PR as she is over 45.

BB
I know!!! Doesn't stop BEVS and her husband having a spell in Australia though does it?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 2:03 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite true, if you're in certain occupations it is possible to get PR if you're over 45 if an employer sponsors you for it. I know a few people who've done this.
Trust me this ain't going to happen for her.....

BB
Old Nov 29th 2010, 3:31 am
---

Trust me this ain't going to happen for her.....

BB
The mind boggles! I am imagining BEVS working in all sorts of uniquely Kiwi (or at least can only be worked in here not there!) jobs now like "hand rearer of Kiwis" or "pineapple lump taster" or "geothermal technician" or "vulcanologist"
Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:52 am
`

"pineapple lump taster"
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:41 am
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: Help....New Zealand or Australia????

The mind boggles! I am imagining BEVS working in all sorts of uniquely Kiwi (or at least can only be worked in here not there!) jobs now like "hand rearer of Kiwis" or "pineapple lump taster" or "geothermal technician" or "vulcanologist"
By "her" I meant the lady at my work, not BEVS. Just to clear that up!

BB
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:09 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Hand rearer of ducks maybe?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:04 pm
`

Hand rearer of ducks maybe?
My drake got 2nd at the local A&P show recently
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:05 pm
`

By "her" I meant the lady at my work, not BEVS. Just to clear that up!

BB
S'Ok BB. I believe I'm unworthy, unwanted and past it for Oz anyway.
Husband is a 51 yr old plumber though. That any good?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

It seems there are always routes.....

My wife was recently told by her potential government related employer 'don't worry about your work visa's, we have a special relationship with Immigration, it won't be an issue'

We'll see.......
Old Nov 30th 2010, 7:49 am
Banned

My drake got 2nd at the local A&P show recently
Well done you! (and him) a few extra snails in his dish that evening?
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

S'Ok BB. I believe I'm unworthy, unwanted and past it for Oz anyway.
Husband is a 51 yr old plumber though. That any good?
Probably need sponsorship, thats the issue. And they'll only sponsor over 45 if they can prove he is exceptional in his field.

Duck rearer might be worth thinking about though