Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help Needed!!! RGN nurse Wants to come to NZ!

Help Needed!!! RGN nurse Wants to come to NZ!

Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:31 am
Just Joined

debs and russ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Needed!!! RGN nurse Wants to come to NZ!

HELLO!!!
Im new to the site and not sure even how to use it so please be patient! I am an RGN from the uk looking to live and work in NZ. Havnt a clue where to start with visas ect and would really appreciate any help and advice from anyone willing to give!!!
Look forward to all the replys!!!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help Needed!!! Want to come to NZ!

Kia Ora and welcome to our cosy little NZ forum.

You're in luck ! Nurses are wanted here.

I'm sure other nurses will be along soon to talk to you about getting NZ registration. Link to Nursing Council of NZ

Meanwhile , to chat with us about immigration and visas please start a thread in HERE. ( click the link) See you there.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Help Needed!!! RGN nurse Wants to come to NZ!

Thanks Bevs for your help-id be lost on here! im sure i'll eventually get used to it but something tells me its gonna take a while!!!!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:49 am
`

Originally Posted by debs and russ
Thanks Bevs for your help-id be lost on here! im sure i'll eventually get used to it but something tells me its gonna take a while!!!!
We're all like that to start with. You'll be hooked before you know it & half way through the immigration application.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Hope so! just seems to be taking me ages to find my way around here!!!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

A few vacancies ... http://www.waikatodhb.govt.nz/jobs/catid/1107
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

HELLO!!!
Im new to the site and not sure even how to use it so please be patient! I am an RGN from the uk looking to live and work in NZ. Havnt a clue where to start with visas ect and would really appreciate any help and advice from anyone willing to give!!!
Look forward to all the replys!!!
when we came over my OH used http://www.accent.net.nz/ found them pretty good and they set up the interview for my OH via phone
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
The visa application is easy enough to do yourself, provided you don;t have anything complicated such as medical issues.

First thing is to register with Nursing Council of New Zealand. Read up about NZ as much as possible, decide where you want to live and go from there.

There are still some areas of job shortages, but not as many as just a couple of years ago. Be prepared for things to be different.

Sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith.

I'm sure there are more people on here you have just recently arrived in NZ that can help with the whole visa process, but any nursey questions feel free to ask.

Good luck Gill
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, I'm also an RN. Just ask..... & hopefully I'll be of help.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou-although this is my concern I do have hypothyroidism. It is well controlled-had it for 15yrs or more. Will this be a problem?

Don't want to spend lots of money on registration and visas only to be turned down because of medical condition-anyone come across this before? Thanks to everyone for being so helpful!

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 20th 2011 at 9:26 pm. Reason: merge
Old Apr 20th 2011, 9:31 pm
`

An underactive thyroid won't be considered a problem.I am assuming you simply take Thyroxine or similar same as my husband does.
It costs him $3 per prescription and $10 every few months for his bloods.

You might like to read this mega thread to know you are not alone.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Help Needed!!! RGN nurse Wants to come to NZ!

Thankyou so much-my mind is now at rest-i'll crack on with my NZ registration tomorrow now!!!! X
Old Apr 21st 2011, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi there, I'm also an RN. Just ask..... & hopefully I'll be of help.
thanks for your help! any advice regarding nursing agencies or am i better off contacting hospitals myself to find employment-dont want to end up being placed in a job that nobody else wants!! ive looked at accent health agency online and they seem ok-another member on here also recommended them-what do you suggest?seems they help with registration, visas and relocation-seems they they may save me alot of hassle! any advice please!!

Last edited by debs and russ; Apr 21st 2011 at 1:02 am.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 4:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Kia Ora & welcome to our friendly NZ forum. I think you are better going through the individual DHB's themselves. You can use a nursing agency but I get the strong impression that the DHB's prefer you to apply directly to them. They don't have to pay a third party then

When I worked as a midwife here, I went directly to the hospitals themselves. Good luck with your plans
Old Apr 21st 2011, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your help! any advice regarding nursing agencies or am i better off contacting hospitals myself to find employment-dont want to end up being placed in a job that nobody else wants!! ive looked at accent health agency online and they seem ok-another member on here also recommended them-what do you suggest?seems they help with registration, visas and relocation-seems they they may save me alot of hassle! any advice please!!
Hi Debs, When I moved here, I contacted the DHB's direct, got a telephone interview & sorted all the immigration stuff myself. There will be my jobs advertised on the DHB's than what the agencies have. Do you know what region you would like to live in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.