Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help Needed!!!!!!!!

Help Needed!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:33 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Needed!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Sorry, Avid, New Zealand knocks spots off Scotland - no contest!
Well, of course...but it's nearer to most of the people on this forum who want to live in NZ.

Perhaps people should spend a month there before heading out. A bit like the SAS do in Wales...
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:38 am
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Why does your mother fear other women? No, no.... don't.... it's late here - I should be watching Super 14 - kind of lost interest when The Hurricanes lost yesterday and put themselves out of contention.

Good luck - anything to do with real estate in Wellington - PM me - that's what I do for a living!
Wow that is so good to know.

I have been looking @ property on the realestate.co.nz website it has some amazing properties we will be looking for properties up to 300,000 NZ Dollars(just the 4 of us) and or up to 800,000 NZD with my Mum so that is why I want her to come along with us.
Sorry to be a bit dense but how do I PM you ( you must understand that I am a Man and a bit new to all this).

Regards

Paul
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:42 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Want2goNow
Sorry to be a bit dense but how do I PM you ( you must understand that I am a Man and a bit new to all this).

Regards

Paul

If you want to send a PM to someone then click on their name above their picture (if they have one)...that will open up a box, one of the options is "send a private message"
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Hi there. Just wanted to add my tuppence worth! We arrived in NZ 6 months ago, with our 3 boys (aged 8, 6 and 3) and are having a great time. We have PR - hubby is in IT, I'm a full time mum - and are renting a place at the moment, about 25 mins outside Wellington.
I'd advise you to go for it!! All the forms/selling houses/leaving family is daunting but if you get here and find it's not for you, you can always go back and say that you tried it!
Hope that you find the answers to all your questions here - see you in NZ soon!!

Last edited by Wilma & co; Apr 21st 2007 at 9:47 am. Reason: Spelling!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:48 am
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice

Hi Wilma&Co,

Yes it seems very daunting indeed, what sector of IT is your Husband working in???.

Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Hi Wilma&Co,

Yes it seems very daunting indeed, what sector of IT is your Husband working in???.

He's in unix systems admin - working at the New Zealand Police training college just outside Welly - and had 15 years experience in UK. He came out for a couple of weeks and got the job offer before we all emigrated 3 months later, (paperwork holdup's etc!). We wanted the financial security of a job to go to, although we could have come over before.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

QUOTE : 1: I start a night school studying website design(are web designers needed in NZ).

2:We will have quite a bit of money saved by the time my course finishes(3 months).

Is 3 months of night school enough to count as a qualification? Surely more experience is needed?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:12 pm
It Was Here This Morning

It is an intensive course being run @ my local college and it costs a small fortune for the course & the exam.
Once you pass you get a recgonized(check spelling) qualifcation.

So fingers crossed I want my turkey on the beach this year.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:27 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Once you pass you get a recgonized(check spelling) qualifcation.
recognise and qualification

I have a Liberal Arts degree and I think I got PR based on my ability to spell. Lord knows I'm useless for most other things.

Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:29 pm
It Was Here This Morning

Originally Posted by happynz
recognise and qualification

I have a Liberal Arts degree and I think I got PR based on my ability to spell. Lord knows I'm useless for most other things.

Thankk ewwe