Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help Needed!!!!!!!!

Help Needed!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:48 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Needed!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Want2goNow
So in other words you could not move over and just buy for arguments sake a 4 bed detached in Wellington and live like a King(well still have to go out and work etc).
if you have no mortgage then maybe but check out the interest rates over here before commiting to that one!!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:53 am
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice

With regards to immigration what would be the best way of getting in.

1: bundles of cash.

2:work skills.

3:HELP:curse:
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

So in other words you could not move over and just buy for arguments sake a 4 bed detached in Wellington and live like a King(well still have to go out and work etc).
If you're not buying cash, the banks will advance mortgage monies, providing you have a job offer and the salary stacks up ....
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:57 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Bundles of cash means $2million plus, Work skills is the most straight forward or a work visa if you're young enough. I'm still trying to get my firm to set up a transfer, even easier, but they keep refusing!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Either 1. or 2.

"Help" doesn't seem to get results!

You need to trawl the threads......
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:01 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Qualifications can also really help. You'll get bonus points if you have a postgraduate degree even though there aren't many actual jobs here that need one....
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:01 am
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice

Right then I want to bring my Mum over but the wife says No.
She is in her sixties(63) she has recently sold her business and retired and now she wants to live in NZ with us.
However her health is not the best (smokes ciggies as a hobby), but she has got a fair amount of cold hard cash at her disposal would she be able to get in or would she have to do the live with us for 9 months then spend the rest of her time with my other brothers.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:09 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you could...but you wouldn't be King Midas...you'd be a nervous king.

It really depends on how much cash you bring over...and what you expect from life. I'm here on a tourist visa just to get the feel of the place and think I might be here for 12 months doing nothing except walking over to the beach every night looking for those little blue penguins.

(And I better see some soon or there's going to be trouble)

I don't think people come here to make a big change in their income. It's mainly about the 'quality of life' in terms of the relaxed pace, air quality, 1950's values, etc etc. But I could be wrong.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Right then I want to bring my Mum over but the wife says No.
She is in her sixties(63) she has recently sold her business and retired and now she wants to live in NZ with us.
However her health is not the best (smokes ciggies as a hobby), but she has got a fair amount of cold hard cash at her disposal would she be able to get in or would she have to do the live with us for 9 months then spend the rest of her time with my other brothers.
Why does wife say no?

Why are you still asking how to get mother here, even though wife says no?

Does wife have access to your posts?

Sorry.... being pedantic again

As before ... look through threads - others have been down the same route/dilemma - mother is too old to immigrate in her own right - family re-unification, or whatever it's called these days, is probably the way to go .... unless she is Shania Twain's mother with zillion $? Sorry.... being flippant
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:14 am
It Was Here This Morning

Well my wife & I have been together for 10 wonderful years and in that time there have been some ding dongs(due to my Mothers fear of other women).
However I think(sometimes) how it could all be better for us if we were all living in a better enviroment with no mortgage to worry about etc.
Yes my Wife does see all my posts.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Avid

It really depends on how much cash you bring over...and what you expect from life. I'm here on a tourist visa just to get the feel of the place and think I might be here for 12 months doing nothing except walking over to the beach every night looking for those little blue penguins.

I don't think people come here to make a big change in their income. It's mainly about the 'quality of life' in terms of the relaxed pace, air quality, 1950's values, etc etc. But I could be wrong.
Youngest son swears that he woke up on the beach, somewhere near Seatoun, with a little blue penguin on his chest ... having enjoyed the 60's, I've just put it down to some sort of illegal substance
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:18 am
It Was Here This Morning

I just want a better way of life for my family want to be more relaxed and take in that wonderful scenery
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:23 am

I just want a better way of life for my family want to be more relaxed and take in that wonderful scenery
Seriously, always consider Scotland before coming over to the other side of the world . It's a lot like NZ but on a smaller scale...and if it doesn't work out you can always drive back home!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Well my wife & I have been together for 10 wonderful years and in that time there have been some ding dongs(due to my Mothers fear of other women).
However I think(sometimes) how it could all be better for us if we were all living in a better enviroment with no mortgage to worry about etc.
Yes my Wife does see all my posts.
Why does your mother fear other women? No, no.... don't.... it's late here - I should be watching Super 14 - kind of lost interest when The Hurricanes lost yesterday and put themselves out of contention.

Good luck - anything to do with real estate in Wellington - PM me - that's what I do for a living!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Seriously, always consider Scotland before coming over to the other side of the world . It's a lot like NZ but on a smaller scale...and if it doesn't work out you can always drive back home!
Sorry, Avid, New Zealand knocks spots off Scotland - no contest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.