Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help! Need visitor permit help a.s.a.p.

Help! Need visitor permit help a.s.a.p.

Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:57 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Help! Need visitor permit help a.s.a.p.

Help! I need to get hubby an extension to his visitor's permit, and pronto, before I submit our ITA stuff which is all ready to go. Which form do I use? Is it 1017? I'm on a work permit right now, just a regular permit, not WTR.

Thanks! I might need help with which boxes to check, too. Looks like they want a temporary chest x-ray cert grrrr. Maybe I should give them the full one and then reference that in the ITA?

Urgent help required please! (sorry about this, don't do this very often, but Phil's medical cert is on the brink of expiring!)

Looks like unless he can swing by when he's in Welly today (for his signature), I can't lodge this for him today either grrrr.

Thanks all...
Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:47 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Need visitor permit help a.s.a.p.

Can't help with which form Maz, sorry. But was told by Immigration before we got PR that they would allow a 2 week leeway on their processing time on meds and police checks as long as they were valid on the date we applied.
Hope you get in sorted in time. Best guess would be contact Immigration, they usually do their best to be accommodating.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Help! I need to get hubby an extension to his visitor's permit, and pronto, before I submit our ITA stuff which is all ready to go. Which form do I use? Is it 1017? I'm on a work permit right now, just a regular permit, not WTR.

Thanks! I might need help with which boxes to check, too. Looks like they want a temporary chest x-ray cert grrrr. Maybe I should give them the full one and then reference that in the ITA?

Urgent help required please! (sorry about this, don't do this very often, but Phil's medical cert is on the brink of expiring!)

Looks like unless he can swing by when he's in Welly today (for his signature), I can't lodge this for him today either grrrr.

Thanks all...
1017 looks the right form to me! Can't see any others on the website...
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:51 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
Help! I need to get hubby an extension to his visitor's permit...
Why wasn't he issued an open work permit valid the same length as your permit?
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

Thanks all...
It's $130 for extended visitor permit and they will extend it for the same duration as your Work Permit
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Also, you have to allow 4 weeks from submitting form to having permits back. With only 8 days until Christmas, are you sure it'll be back in time? Trying to save a few $$$ isn't worth the risk of being an overstayer
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:52 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Can't help with which form Maz, sorry. But was told by Immigration before we got PR that they would allow a 2 week leeway on their processing time on meds and police checks as long as they were valid on the date we applied.
Hope you get in sorted in time. Best guess would be contact Immigration, they usually do their best to be accommodating.
Thanks TE. I've found them to be very accommodating, too.

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
1017 looks the right form to me! Can't see any others on the website...
Cheers luv!

Originally Posted by happynz
Why wasn't he issued an open work permit valid the same length as your permit?
Because I didn't apply for it as he's not going to work. At least not for quite a while. Yes, I know, I should have got this extension before now...

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
It's $130 for extended visitor permit and they will extend it for the same duration as your Work Permit
Sweet as!

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Also, you have to allow 4 weeks from submitting form to having permits back. With only 8 days until Christmas, are you sure it'll be back in time? Trying to save a few $$$ isn't worth the risk of being an overstayer
Actually Wellington processes RRV and extensions for VV in the same day, or within 24 hours, I forget which. So even when they shut down, I'll have lodged the ITA. Everything is set to go on that, just need to write the accompanying letter, saying what's where, get Phil to sign where he needs to, then as soon as I get his police checks and passport back, we just reference out still-in-date medicals and lodge the behemoth.

Thanks all, knew I could rely on you lot.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:54 pm
Maz

Actually ... I think I'll take everything along with me tomorrow and ask if what would be his overstay come Jan 12th would be "officially" an overstay if the ITA is already lodged. I'll see what the ever-helpful lovely lady at the front desk says.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:55 pm
Maz

Heh... just noticed. I say "actually" waaaay too much!