Help with medical

Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

cartaya will become famous soon enough
Default Help with medical

can anyone help ive made a bit of a boo boo, ive got my medicals coming up in a few weeks, im in good shape etc..
only thing is i recently went to amsterdam on a stag weekend and unfortunatley got a bit tipsy, ended up eating on of those "cakes"
you know, full of ganja?
now i know im going to get abuse saying you idiot etc, but i was just wondering do they check for this on my medical, im not a regular drug user, just did a stupid thing.
can anyone help?
many thanks.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with medical

Originally Posted by cartaya
can anyone help ive made a bit of a boo boo, ive got my medicals coming up in a few weeks, im in good shape etc..
only thing is i recently went to amsterdam on a stag weekend and unfortunatley got a bit tipsy, ended up eating on of those "cakes"
you know, full of ganja?
now i know im going to get abuse saying you idiot etc, but i was just wondering do they check for this on my medical, im not a regular drug user, just did a stupid thing.
can anyone help?
many thanks.
The lab will only check for drugs in the system if requested to do so by the GP taking the bloods. Can't see why he would ask them to do so in the general scheme of things.

There is some disagreement on how long it take to metabolise from the system. Depends on how much ingested and even body fat. General concensus of opinion is between 8 and up to 25 days. If you are a regular user it will be longer. The blood system basically becomes stoned and sluggish therefore takes longer to cleanse itself.

You have two options. delay your medical for a couple of more weeks or be totally honest with the doctor. Tell him what you have just told us. He'll probably laugh and tell you not to worry. He's not going to give a toss about a bit of ganja.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 10:30 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

I second the above....

After all you only live once!!

We got well pissed two days before my medicals, I did not say a word about it... ALthough I was still paying for it!! lol
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was about 3 months for "waccy baccy" to metabolise from the system. Either way I don't think it will be a problem, the medical is more for long term health indications?
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

What exactly happens when you have a medical... I'm sort of picturing me running full throttle (which wont be very fast in my case!) on a tredmill with those pad things stuck all over me. Please tell me I'm wrong.... I dont do tredmills!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

You're wrong!!