Help me!

Old May 21st 2009, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Rebecca-83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Help me!

Hi All

I am looking to move to New Zealand along with my partner and dog.

We need all the advise we can get!

I have looked on the immigration website for New Zealand which is really helpfull, send my CV to a couple of recruiters in NZ and have signed up for updates on NZ. Off to a expo to look for a consultant on the 7th June, have printed off paperwork for medical and police checks, updating passport, researched dog transporting. We also have family there but they only thing is how do you get a visa without a job or a job without a visa. I have looked at the EOI and a LTBP/V but just can't seem to be albe to find out the best type of visa for our situation! Have a house so looking to rent this out, however how do you get some where to rent in NZ without having a job offer or visa and will they rent to someone they have never met!

Sorry loads of questions but I need loads of answers any advise would be great!

Thanks Rebecca
Old May 21st 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help me!

Originally Posted by Rebecca-83
Hi All

I am looking to move to New Zealand along with my partner and dog.

We need all the advise we can get!

I have looked on the immigration website for New Zealand which is really helpfull, send my CV to a couple of recruiters in NZ and have signed up for updates on NZ. Off to a expo to look for a consultant on the 7th June, have printed off paperwork for medical and police checks, updating passport, researched dog transporting. We also have family there but they only thing is how do you get a visa without a job or a job without a visa. I have looked at the EOI and a LTBP/V but just can't seem to be albe to find out the best type of visa for our situation! Have a house so looking to rent this out, however how do you get some where to rent in NZ without having a job offer or visa and will they rent to someone they have never met!

Sorry loads of questions but I need loads of answers any advise would be great!

Thanks Rebecca

Hi,

You can apply under the skilled migrants visa with or without a job offer but you need to see how many points you have first. You can work out your points by using the online EOI calculator on the INZ website if you have enough ponits you can submit an EOI. If you get a job offer you will gain more points and if selected your application will be fast tracked through the ITA stage which is always an advantage! Are your skills or qualfications listed under the skills shortage list? If they are you get more points. If your family are close releatives they can also increase your points at the EOI stage, I think it needs to be parents siblings or children but please correct me if this is wrong!!

However if you get a job you can apply for a work visa, but Im not sure of the details of this visa but Im sure someone on here can explain that one for you!

Good luck and if you have any more questions just ask.
Old May 21st 2009, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
Hi,

You can apply under the skilled migrants visa with or without a job offer but you need to see how many points you have first. You can work out your points by using the online EOI calculator on the INZ website if you have enough ponits you can submit an EOI. If you get a job offer you will gain more points and if selected your application will be fast tracked through the ITA stage which is always an advantage! Are your skills or qualfications listed under the skills shortage list? If they are you get more points. If your family are close releatives they can also increase your points at the EOI stage, I think it needs to be parents siblings or children but please correct me if this is wrong!!

However if you get a job you can apply for a work visa, but Im not sure of the details of this visa but Im sure someone on here can explain that one for you!

Good luck and if you have any more questions just ask.
Hi

Thanks for this I have taken a look at the EOI but I am not sure I have enough points, as I have read that you can over point yourself as you want to move so badly, I have filled in the questions and it has given me only 40 points as you can see below do you think there is an error with the section where we have no points as we have no health issues, no problems with the police and we are both british, please point me in the right direction!

Principal Applicant - Rebecca Tomlinson Points Complete
Identity 30 No
Character 0 Yes
Health 0 Yes
English Language Ability 0 Yes
Skilled Employment 0 Yes
Recognised Qualifications 0 Yes
Recognised Work Experience 0 Yes
Children 0 Yes
Other Family 10 Yes
Declaration for Person Assisting Applicant 0 Yes
Old May 21st 2009, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Thanks for this I have taken a look at the EOI but I am not sure I have enough points, as I have read that you can over point yourself as you want to move so badly, I have filled in the questions and it has given me only 40 points as you can see below do you think there is an error with the section where we have no points as we have no health issues, no problems with the police and we are both british, please point me in the right direction!

Identity 30 No
Character 0 Yes
Health 0 Yes
Skilled Employment 0 Yes
Children 0 Yes
Other Family 10 Yes

Hi,
Have you included your partner on the eoi they may get points to? You should get points for your age,qualifications, english ability etc. Here is the link to the eoi calculator on the inz website http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/
good luck x
Old May 21st 2009, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Identity 30 No
Character 0 Yes
Health 0 Yes
Skilled Employment 0 Yes
Children 0 Yes
Other Family 10 Yes
Hi

Thanks for this, we get 130 points as long as we both have reg basic qualifications but the link is down so I can't see if our qualifications give us any points. Thanks for you help!
Old May 21st 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

If you get 130 points then you can submit your EOI without a job offer, we submitted ours with 115 (with job offer) and got pulled a couple of days later.

Good luck to you
Old May 21st 2009, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by teebrown
If you get 130 points then you can submit your EOI without a job offer, we submitted ours with 115 (with job offer) and got pulled a couple of days later.

Good luck to you
I would submit but the quick check gives us 130 if are qualifications are counted!? Can you tell me how to check this? But when I am completing my EOI I have only got 40 points did you have problems with the completion online?
Old May 21st 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

If you complete the EOI on line and save as you go, at the top of the page you will get an automatic calculation of points. You can save the EOI as you go and don't have to submit it, this is the best way to find out excatually how many points you can claim.

You get extra points if you work outside Auckland, you get points for your age, and if you are English spoken etc.

Good luck
Old May 21st 2009, 8:05 pm
Banned

manchaka is a jewel in the roughmanchaka is a jewel in the roughmanchaka is a jewel in the roughmanchaka is a jewel in the rough

Ditch the OH, keep the dog and marry a Kiwi of course!!! Lol!

AM x
Old May 21st 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manchaka
Ditch the OH, keep the dog and marry a Kiwi of course!!! Lol!

AM x
HA HA!!!
Old May 21st 2009, 9:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

as I have read that you can over point yourself as you want to move so badly
Where did you read this?

Some questions for you which may help us to help you and in return help you. .

What are your occupations?

What are your qualifications?

How many years work experience in the skill?

Do you wish to emigrate permanently to New Zealand
or
Do you wish to come to New Zealand to live and work for a while to try it out?

Are the family members your parents? siblings?
What immediate family do you have in the UK ? .e. Parents.

How long married or in the partnership?
Old May 21st 2009, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
Where did you read this?

Some questions for you which may help us to help you and in return help you. .

Do you wish to emigrate permanently to New Zealand
or
Do you wish to come to New Zealand to live and work for a while to try it out?

Hi

I read that you can over point yourself on the quick test on the new life in new zealand website, it is a british guy who moved over to New Zealand with the help of a telly program.

John is a handyman
I am administration based, currently working in recruitment

John has O-levels, A levels, HNC in sport science I think

I have gcse's, as-levels, nvq level 2 childcare and in my first year of HNC in Business

I have been in admin for 7 years, customer service and sales roles
John has his own business as self employed handyman and have been so for 4 years but with about 7 years experience

We want to move out there permanently

John's sister and family live in Auckland, my parents and brother are here in the UK as are John's parents and brother and sister.

I have looked at his sister in NZ sponsering us but we have too much family here to be able to go down that route.

Not married been together two years, lived together one, also I own a house. Should we rent it out in case it does not go well and we have to return. Also might be easier as the market is not great here.

Thanks for all your help!