Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

help with itinary please

help with itinary please

Old Nov 11th 2006, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice
Default Re: help with itinary please

Originally Posted by mazi
That's true - you'll get a much better idea of how the place feels when you're already living there anyway. Your driving plan is do-able but I'd just be worried that is all you'd be doing - driving.
Mazi - I am so glad you have replied to me to let me know this. I had quite seriously set myself this target thinking it was fine. I now know that it is silly and I could not do justice to anywhere just "passing thru".
The only disappointment is that I would have really liked to have seen Wellington and spent a bit of time there as I had thought in my mind (and from job opportunities) that this was for me. I can't figure tho how I would get from Auck to Welly and back and still have quality time in both so I will leave a visit to Welly until we live there and if I find it better than places we have seen then we can move. (we will be renting at first anyway so time to look before we buy)
Where are you by the way?
What is it like where you are?
Old Nov 11th 2006, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caitlin206
Mazi - I am so glad you have replied to me to let me know this. I had quite seriously set myself this target thinking it was fine. I now know that it is silly and I could not do justice to anywhere just "passing thru".
The only disappointment is that I would have really liked to have seen Wellington and spent a bit of time there as I had thought in my mind (and from job opportunities) that this was for me. I can't figure tho how I would get from Auck to Welly and back and still have quality time in both so I will leave a visit to Welly until we live there and if I find it better than places we have seen then we can move. (we will be renting at first anyway so time to look before we buy)
Where are you by the way?
What is it like where you are?
I'm in Italy, Caitlin. I left NZ earlier this year. As I said before I'm no great fan of the place and three years there made me a bad person. If you read other parts of this forum you'll see how not a fan I am - and how most people on here are not a fan of me as a result! But I just say what I feel and I do say good things too when I think of them. Many people love it there. It depends what you're looking for.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 5:11 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

I have had enough of this crap.

I'm in Italy, Caitlin. I left NZ earlier this year.
Correction. She was booted out for a crime too horrific to name on this site. But sheep were involved

As I said before I'm no great fan of the place and three years there made me a bad person.
This partly true. She is very bad and if the authorties do eventually catch up with her then she's well in the shit. That poor animal hasnt been the same since she was caught doing #'=;/' to it

If you read other parts of this forum you'll see how not a fan I am - and how most people on here are not a fan of me as a result!
If we ever do find out where she is, then God help her.

But I just say what I feel
Thats what got her into trouble in the first place. Always feeling things :scared:

Old Nov 11th 2006, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
I have had enough of this crap.

Correction. She was booted out for a crime too horrific to name on this site. But sheep were involved

This partly true. She is very bad and if the authorties do eventually catch up with her then she's well in the shit. That poor animal hasnt been the same since she was caught doing #'=;/' to it

If we ever do find out where she is, then God help her.

Thats what got her into trouble in the first place. Always feeling things :scared:

Caitlin - Meet my friend Jack!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 5:14 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Old Nov 11th 2006, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice

Yeah I already met Jack
Good job really Mazi that I already saw his sense of humour otherwise I would be a bit scared of you now.
Anyway - good luck in italy and thanks for all your info

and Jack
BEHAVE!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 7:03 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Well - only one thing for it....
gonna cancel me flights an stay here in the UK
far too stressful for me!
Na Dont do that

What you need to appreciate it is the travel in itself is different from the UK and Europe.

Part of the attraction for folks is spending more time outdoors and a slower pace of life. Due to your time constraints you are already putting pressure on yourselves.

The campervan is a great way to see NZ and I can see your intentions to gain both transport and accomodation.

Why not just limit your driving down as far as Taupo/Bay of Plenty and enjoy the parts that you do see (once you see the back of a tractor/truck its the same all over the world).

Auckland can be a disappointment as it is just a sprawling suburbia. Wellington has more culture but is a risky place to live (not from the people).

Please go visit and ask any questions you want - the only silly questions are the ones you ask after the event.

Kiwi
Old Nov 11th 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

We are flying out 2 wks tomorrow (26th Nov) to Auckland. Our We are in process of ITA so are going for a visit to check out where to live, work etc...
We have no time for sightseeing (leave that until we live there). Purely a hasty look round.
We are using a motorhome and are thinking
land 05.45 spend day in Auckland
29th New Plymouth
30th Palmerston North
1st Wellington
2nd Wellington
3rd Nelson
4th Christchurch
5th Wellington
6th Gisborne
7th Tauranga
8th Auckland
9th home

Is this do-able? Is it ambitous? Am I stupid? Can you give me a better alternative? I would really like to get a feel for auckland, welly, palmerston north, christchurch and nelson. Not too bothererd about the others BUT need to sleep, eat and drive!
H E L P
has anyone done so much in so little time?

hi , i know some of your questions have already been answered, but heres my 2p worth. we hired a camper van 7 mths ago to go from Auckland to Wellington (it took one week to get to Levin , nr Palmerston north where we stayed with friends) it was very rushed but we did get a feeling of what we did & didn't like but i don't think we would have based our decision on where to live on that trip. we had instead decided roughly what area to live before we emigrated (& we'd never been to NZ before we emigrated)
have you tried to contact cottageinthesky - shes the knowledge on wellington areas, & there's plenty of nurses on here too, Danny F & his wife Donna are both nurses & have been to Auckland but are moving to welly.
good luck

Palmerston north to welly will take about 2hrs 15 mins roughly
could you drop the van off in welly & fly back up to auckland to save time?
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:12 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

You could try here

http://www.wises.co.nz/route/

Its the NZ equivilant of multimap/aa route finder. It will show you travelling times as well as distance etc. Might make planning your route easier.

Poppets right plenty of people on here from a nursing point of view. Try Genesis for Palmerston North. His OH, Kate is a nurse in Palmy & they're great for info. My hubby had dinner with them the other night We're looking in that region.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:16 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
You could try here

http://www.wises.co.nz/route/

Its the NZ equivilant of multimap/aa route finder. It will show you travelling times as well as distance etc. Might make planning your route easier.

Poppets right plenty of people on here from a nursing point of view. Try Genesis for Palmerston North. His OH, Kate is a nurse in Palmy & they're great for info. My hubby had dinner with them the other night We're looking in that region.
No you're not - you're looking in the Tauranga region remember?!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:20 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
No you're not - you're looking in the Tauranga region remember?!

Evening sister!!

Kev's living it up at the Kings Resort as we speak! B*****d
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:25 pm

Evening sister!!

Kev's living it up at the Kings Resort as we speak! B*****d
Don't know it I'm afraid, but I take it he's made it to the good old BOP then?! Any feedback on his impressions thus far? He has to go to the hot water pools in Mt Maunganui.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:29 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Don't know it I'm afraid, but I take it he's made it to the good old BOP then?! Any feedback on his impressions thus far? He has to go to the hot water pools in Mt Maunganui.

Told him that already!! Told him to get a Property Press too!! But last I heard he was too busy watching Dan the Man thrash the Frogs!!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:32 pm

Told him that already!! Told him to get a Property Press too!! But last I heard he was too busy watching Dan the Man thrash the Frogs!!
We must take this to the bar - going to get on people's nerves - I'll see you there - your round!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 12:28 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Wellington has more culture but is a risky place to live (not from the people).

Kiwi
A bit slow here. Could you explain this please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.