Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help.... how long should an ITA take???

Help.... how long should an ITA take???

Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the rough
Default Help.... how long should an ITA take???

Hi all

Our EOI was selected on the 8th June this year, and so far, no news on the ITA .... how long are people finding they take from EOI selection to ITA yay or nay? The Immo website states 2-4 weeks, is that overly optimistic, or are we just going through that horrid waiting game?? We applied online so guess we should hear online too! Any info would be massively appreciated as we so want to get going and absolutely all is on hold until we at least get past the next hurdle.

Big thanks

Suki and Si Bishop

PS anyone applying from Cornwall to NZ??
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:41 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help.... how long should an ITA take???

Originally Posted by Dizibella
Hi all

Our EOI was selected on the 8th June this year, and so far, no news on the ITA .... how long are people finding they take from EOI selection to ITA yay or nay? The Immo website states 2-4 weeks, is that overly optimistic, or are we just going through that horrid waiting game?? We applied online so guess we should hear online too! Any info would be massively appreciated as we so want to get going and absolutely all is on hold until we at least get past the next hurdle.

Big thanks

Suki and Si Bishop

Have you checked your status online Suki/Si to see if it has changed from Decision Selected to Decision Successful yet? I'd have a look if I was you!!!

On the whole, I think most of us lately have heard within about 4 weeks...
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:44 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Big thanks

Suki and Si Bishop

Hi Suki - do you have any reason to think it wouldn't be decision successful? Even so, I would expect that it would be saying EOI Declined if it had been - perhaps you should ring them up?

Jan
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, we check practically hourly ... just wasn't sure what comes first, the letter or the info online? Snail mail only gets delivered once a day, anytime from sunrise to mid-afternoon tea, so we're just keeping fingers crossed!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Big thanks

Suki and Si Bishop

Hi Suki and Si,

We also got selected on the 8th June, applied online and as Pinkie Pie says on the Immigration website changed from selected to successful on the 7th July, ITA arrived on the 11th last monday.

What part of Cornwall are you in?
We're just on the other side of the bridge.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:57 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, we check practically hourly ... just wasn't sure what comes first, the letter or the info online? Snail mail only gets delivered once a day, anytime from sunrise to mid-afternoon tea, so we're just keeping fingers crossed!
Oh, I remember those days, I used to check half hourly!!! and I used to get up in the middle of the night to check whether it had changed while I was asleep thinking that it was being processed in NZ and therefore in a different time zone...I felt such an eejit when some kind soul on here advised me that they were processed in London and so there was not need to be checking during NZ working hours....

I reckon you'll hear any day now....but don't worry if it doesn't change on screen - I'm sure one of us, Biddy, i think it was, was saying that even after his visas had been approved his status was still only saying EOI selected!!!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 2:01 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Oh, I remember those days, I used to check half hourly!!! and I used to get up in the middle of the night to check whether it had changed while I was asleep thinking that it was being processed in NZ and therefore in a different time zone...I felt such an eejit when some kind soul on here advised me that they were processed in London and so there was not need to be checking during NZ working hours....

I reckon you'll hear any day now....but don't worry if it doesn't change on screen - I'm sure one of us, Biddy, i think it was, was saying that even after his visas had been approved his status was still only saying EOI selected!!!
Spooky - I was checking mine again for a laugh and it's saying application recieved even though we got our PR visas 2 months ago!!

Welcome to the 21st century.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 2:02 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Biddy
Spooky - I was checking mine again for a laugh and it's saying application recieved even though we got our PR visas 2 months ago!!

So I could just colour a page in my passport blue and hope they won't notice?!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy

Glad to see you've recovered from all that wine Biddy, how's the head?
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:39 pm
Not a Junior Member!

Lisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura about

We were selected on 8th June, and have a job to start asap.

Just heard on Friday that they want some info regarding OH's job offer. He'll have to go on a work visa and we'll have to follow on when the house is sold.

Beginning to panic a little now........

Lisa.......
Old Jul 18th 2005, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again all

Loadsa thanks for the replies.... Jan - I did call this afternoon, speaking quickly to avoid those horrendous charges, and was told only that it's now taking 4-6 weeks to process the ITAs. Can't think of any probs in our application but, hey, you never know.... possibly doesn't help that all our parents have remarried so getting all the d.o.b.'s right was a nightmare! Planty - we're in St Agnes, just south of Perranporth..... and hoping to head to Auckland first off. Did you apply under the Skilled Migrant Category? Really pleased you were successful, just hate this will we/won't we be invited bit, maybe they work their way down the country and Cornwall is last on the list!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi again all

Loadsa thanks for the replies.... Jan - I did call this afternoon, speaking quickly to avoid those horrendous charges, and was told only that it's now taking 4-6 weeks to process the ITAs. Can't think of any probs in our application but, hey, you never know.... possibly doesn't help that all our parents have remarried so getting all the d.o.b.'s right was a nightmare! Planty - we're in St Agnes, just south of Perranporth..... and hoping to head to Auckland first off. Did you apply under the Skilled Migrant Category? Really pleased you were successful, just hate this will we/won't we be invited bit, maybe they work their way down the country and Cornwall is last on the list!!!!
Hi again, yes we applied under skilled migrant, or should I say wife did as a early years teacher.

We're gonna be down your way in a few weeks time, we're coming down to Hayle for a week, maybe we could have a get together and chat about this NZ stuff.

It does seem to drag on a bit, have you got a job offer? I think they jump the queue if you have one, wife hasn't but is on shortage list.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 4:36 pm

Hi again all

Good - worth the phone call then. I'm sure that if it was a no they would make that decision very quickly. That's the solace I've been given myself for 3 weeks as we think we might get turned down anyway at this stage. Your phone call helps me cos I won't worry before the six weeks are up then. Glad you got that answer, has it put your mind at rest? It's so stressful isn't it. There's no happy medium with it - for us we're either flying high or worrying ourselves sick and we've not even got to the ITA stage yet!