Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help - How do we get out of here?

Help - How do we get out of here?

Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:26 pm
the wagstaffs

neilwaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help - How do we get out of here?

We're desperate to get out to NZ asap. Having looked at the immigration website we only have 105 points without a job offer. We don't think that looks that promising and wonder if it is worth putting in an EOI anyway, or trying to secure a job before we do it. How do we get a job without a visa? Vicious circle! I work in the airline industry and my husband works in health and fitness. Can anyone recommend any recruitment agencies that may be able to help, or anyone else that comes to mind? Also what is the verdict on using an immigration agency to help - is it better to try ourselves first or just pay someone to do it for us!

Many thanks!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:12 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - How do we get out of here?

Originally Posted by neilwaggy
We're desperate to get out to NZ asap. Having looked at the immigration website we only have 105 points without a job offer. We don't think that looks that promising and wonder if it is worth putting in an EOI anyway, or trying to secure a job before we do it. How do we get a job without a visa? Vicious circle! I work in the airline industry and my husband works in health and fitness. Can anyone recommend any recruitment agencies that may be able to help, or anyone else that comes to mind? Also what is the verdict on using an immigration agency to help - is it better to try ourselves first or just pay someone to do it for us!

Many thanks!
Use seek.com - not just to apply but get hold of the details of specific agents and give them a call. Not sure in what area in the airline industry you work but alot of these skills are transferable to other "tourism" related work.

Try searching for health clubs and gyms and contacting direct.

My other advice depending on budget is to go out for extended holiday and hit the pavement with your CV.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:52 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

How do we get a job without a visa?... my husband works in health and fitness...or anyone else that comes to mind?
Franchise - think about it.
http://www.franchise.co.nz/industry-...20and%20Beauty
NZIS = http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...tingabusiness/
Good luck
Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks!
Hi,
We had 115 points and were told by immigration at the expo we would'nt get picked without a job offer, my OH has had lots of interest but for when we arrive. They told us to just go on holiday for 6 months, look for work and not return. That said we've sold our house and were in the process of sorting everything out for the children with a view to arriving in September. However we got picked from the pool 2 weeks ago and are now waiting to see if we get invited to apply. Either way were going. I'd say check out the job market, phone a couple of agencys to see how easy you'd get a job and then sell up and go. Good luck, carole