Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help for Auckland suburbs

Help for Auckland suburbs

Old Aug 5th 2006, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help for Auckland suburbs

Originally Posted by Batty
There are some lovely areas closer to the city, Parnell, Grey Lynn, Mt Eden, Remuera. But. Smaller sections and more expensive, unless you want to go for bigger sections and REALLY expensive . Starting at 8am, traffic will be lighter - but cripes, that's a long day. I don't know the names of the schools, only that there are a lot of really good ones (or at least high decile ones).
Cheers
hiya batty, i thought that but he seems happy longer days than here in old harrogate.
what do you call the rush hour?
Do not have mega bucks but a small house in harrogate is'nt cheap, London prices come to mined!!!!!!!
cheers Jane
Old Aug 5th 2006, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by waynepfry
hiya batty, i thought that but he seems happy longer days than here in old harrogate.
what do you call the rush hour?
Do not have mega bucks but a small house in harrogate is'nt cheap, London prices come to mined!!!!!!!
cheers Jane
Thanks to all.
karma sent to you all cheers .
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:59 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

We had the same problem. I work in the CBD and wanted to cut back my 1 hour min drive to/from work I had in the UK. Looked at all the places where you get bigger sections for reasonablish money (Ho wick, North Shore, Titanic etc) but the commute was just more than I wanted. We settled for the Eastern Bays (St Heller's, Glendon, Khorana, Mission Bay). My working day is 8am to about 5.30pm and it takes 20-30 mins either way along the seafront (which is nice). Sections are smaller here unless you have over $800k, but the beach is 5 mins walk depending where you are and there are so many parks you are spoilt for choice. We have become used to a small garden and now quite like it as there is less gardening a more time to explore.
I think the atmosphere out here is very relaxed also, holiday like in many ways because you are close to the beach.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by waynepfry
Visas are just about sorted and winging their way to us from the Immigration Consultant in NZ. All a formality now and will be back with us from NZ Immigration by the end of August. Hubbie's job could now be based out of the CBD not North Shore so need to look at other areas to live. We want to live close to good schools but close enough for an easy (ish) commute. Howick and Half Moon Bay look good - anyone know these areas or other places that would fit the bill? Also if we do move around a bit how easy is it to take kids in and out of schools. Don't want to have to do this as will be unsettling for the little cuties but just wondered if it was easy or not. Thanks.

Jane
I live out in west auckland and start at 830 am and work in newmarket, which is next stop out from CBD (britomart being name of the station) I get a train from Ranui at 702 which is an express train which gets to britomart at about 0745, this is the express train, there are earlier trains which stop at all stations...mine goes straight thru from New Lynn to Newmarket....west auckland is quite far out but has train links as opposed to the North shore

train info if any use to you is www.maxx.co.nz
Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I live out in west auckland and start at 830 am and work in newmarket, which is next stop out from CBD (britomart being name of the station) I get a train from Ranui at 702 which is an express train which gets to britomart at about 0745, this is the express train, there are earlier trains which stop at all stations...mine goes straight thru from New Lynn to Newmarket....west auckland is quite far out but has train links as opposed to the North shore

train info if any use to you is www.maxx.co.nz
Thanks Kwprwn,