British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/help-628749/)

old.sparkles Sep 2nd 2009 10:37 am

help

hi - new member obviously

researching emigrating to new zealand or australia. Thought I wanted to go to Oz but not so sure.

Like the look of job prospects in new zealand but not sure which way to jump.

I'm a single parent, qualified spark and got a year older yesterday (hence the name).

Oh, and I currently work for mars but dont eat chocolate

MnB Sep 2nd 2009 11:06 am

Re: help

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 7896684)

researching emigrating to new zealand or australia. Thought I wanted to go to Oz but not so sure.

I'm a single parent, qualified spark and got a year older yesterday (hence the name).

Hi & welcome!
Guess I'm biased but no competiton for me!
It'll all depend on what you are looking for....dreaming of? Whats going to influence your decision most?Try asking some specific ??'s on main forum or searching previous posts .... this is a really friendly forum, I'm sure you will get some honest feedback from those who have been in a similar quandry!
Good luck with choosing & plans!
B x

Dewb09 Sep 2nd 2009 7:15 pm

Hi & welcome to you

Good luck with all your research, this site is a great place to start :thumbsup:

Could not imagine working at mars & not sampling the goods :o
probably best that I do not work there :blink:

Dewb

Psychopandy Sep 2nd 2009 7:33 pm

:wink_smile:

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 7896684)

Welcome to you all,

We ruled out Oz on the strength of their spiders and snakes - then this delightful forum told me about the lovely whiteback they have in NZ and the cockroaches and ........... well enough of that for now.

Its to late for us - we have set our heart on NZ.

It was my birthday on Monday 31st - so happy birthday to us, have some :cake: I hope you cant count those candles from there. :wink_smile:

Working at Mars - but not eating them - now thats just a bit wierd :rofl:

old.sparkles Sep 2nd 2009 8:17 pm

Think I really want NZ, but hedging bets with paying for advice on going to OZ. Advisor says it'll be easy but he just wants me money.

alchris Sep 2nd 2009 8:40 pm

hi my hubby is also a sparky and did the TRA assesment for OZ originally, found it to be very indepth and I believe it is now harder with practicals and assesment. Try having a look under the 'working abroad by profession' this will give you an idea on what you will need to do to become registered. We ended up not carrying on with application for OZ due to a awful Immigration Company who basically told us a load of un truths and we have still never got any of our monies back.
Nz seemed alot easier look on the EWRB site, send all relevant paperwork thats proves your are an electrican, city n; guilds etc all free of charge.
If you require any more info just ask, there are a few sparkies on here or wives happy to help. All the best in whatever you decide to do
Chris

BEVS Sep 2nd 2009 9:49 pm

Kia Ora and welcome to this NZ forum.