HELP!!!

Old May 28th 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HELP!!!

Originally Posted by reecefam View Post
Hi...i do appreciate we take things for granted...and there will be loads we miss but things are getting worse and not better here and the weather is def. a downer!
Lol wait until u r here and when it rains it rains, somethimes for a whole week, day and night non stop! I can understand things there r getting worse, u take the good with the bad in any country. Good Luck with yr decision.
Old May 28th 2007, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Karen2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really nice

I seem to remember that Tesco was interested in taking over The Wharehouse , if my memory serves me right I read it in the financial section about a month or so ago !! Does it ring any bells for anyone else ? Just thought I would add my 2p worth , sorry if I moved it off topic a bit
Karen
Old May 28th 2007, 8:25 pm
patience...is a virtue!!!

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Heavenlyscent View Post
Lol wait until u r here and when it rains it rains, somethimes for a whole week, day and night non stop! I can understand things there r getting worse, u take the good with the bad in any country. Good Luck with yr decision.
Thank you for your reply...but...surely it is warm rain!
Old May 28th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your reply...but...surely it is warm rain!
LOL got up this morning to frost on the ground, it was 0 degrees last night but yesterday was bright sunshine and 16 degrees. This is autumn/winter. Don't be deceived Haha
Old May 28th 2007, 8:28 pm

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Karen2000 View Post
I seem to remember that Tesco was interested in taking over The Wharehouse , if my memory serves me right I read it in the financial section about a month or so ago !! Does it ring any bells for anyone else ? Just thought I would add my 2p worth , sorry if I moved it off topic a bit
Karen
Thanks Karen...they are trying to expand in a lot of countries...but not heard about New Zealand...but who knows, we are usually last to hear over here in the UK!
Old May 28th 2007, 8:30 pm

LOL got up this morning to frost on the ground, it was 0 degrees last night but yesterday was bright sunshine and 16 degrees. This is autumn/winter. Don't be deceived Haha
What part do you live in Heavenly...i did not think the North island got frosts!
Old May 28th 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

What part do you live in Heavenly...i did not think the North island got frosts!
Rotorua, central North Island, Bay of Plenty, the most pictuesque part of NZ!!!
Old May 28th 2007, 8:37 pm

Rotorua, central North Island, Bay of Plenty, the most pictuesque part of NZ!!!
Hi...yes bay of plenty looks really nice...learnt something new...didn't think you guys got frost up in the north, thought it was just in the south!
Old May 28th 2007, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi...yes bay of plenty looks really nice...learnt something new...didn't think you guys got frost up in the north, thought it was just in the south!

Trust me, frost (horror) not nice! But it is glorious sunshine now. We have house overlooking the lake and it is a fabulous site. Rotorua is where everyone comes for a holiday as there is so much to do and enjoy.
Old May 28th 2007, 8:55 pm

Trust me, frost (horror) not nice! But it is glorious sunshine now. We have house overlooking the lake and it is a fabulous site. Rotorua is where everyone comes for a holiday as there is so much to do and enjoy.
hi...thought rotorua was South of Auckland and bay of plenty, was north of Auckland...or am i getting mixed up again!
Old May 28th 2007, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: HELP!!!

hi...thought rotorua was South of Auckland and bay of plenty, was north of Auckland...or am i getting mixed up again!
Yes Rotorua is south of Auckland, but Bay Of Plenty is central North island. The higher u go in the north island the higher the tempreatures. Also the more remote!! A city here is like a small town in the uk.
Old May 28th 2007, 9:03 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Genesis - zero unemployment in Pamly?? Well all the clients my OH sees are *work dodging benefit claimers* as he so politely tells me. Palmy isnt perfect by any stretch, though I like it a lot. It isnt very NZ, not very pretty and it feels very landlocked when Humitangi is the nearest beach isnt it..........where the clients come from!!!
Old May 28th 2007, 9:05 pm

Yes Rotorua is south of Auckland, but Bay Of Plenty is central North island. The higher u go in the north island the higher the tempreatures. Also the more remote!! A city here is like a small town in the uk.
thanks...so do you live in rotorua or bay of plenty? If rotorua how long does it take to get to Auckland.
We are trying to find "towns" where we want to live, so are taking reccomendations...don't really want to be more than 45 minutes away from where i will be working though, north shore of Auckland.
Old May 28th 2007, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy2 View Post
Genesis - zero unemployment in Pamly?? Well all the clients my OH sees are *work dodging benefit claimers* as he so politely tells me. Palmy isnt perfect by any stretch, though I like it a lot. It isnt very NZ, not very pretty and it feels very landlocked when Humitangi is the nearest beach isnt it..........where the clients come from!!!
where would you reccommend us looking at living then, within 40 minutes of Auckland, with good schools poppy?
Old May 28th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

I think you need to do a bit more research! I live North of Auckland and this morning was frosty, misty and bloody cold! My friends in the UK seem to think that NZ is tropical but it really isn't! No, the rain isn't warm, only in the summer on humid days but the winter is chilly, damp and cold!

I would say that it is a bit warmer than the UK and we don't get snow in Auckland and North but it is more damp/moist (my hair has never been so frizzy!)

I don't want to sound 'on a downer' but i'd really hate for you to come over thinking that the weather is something it isn't, we do have seasons here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.