HELP!!!

Old May 28th 2007, 6:18 am
patience...is a virtue!!!

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP!!!

Originally Posted by Heavenlyscent
Hi
We moved from Healing lovely village in Lincolnshire to Rotorua in December 2005 and are returning to the uk in June 2007. We brought over 4 children with us, 2 dogs and a cat. It will depend on what jobs you have and what you are expecting from the move.
Hi Heavenley...did it not work for you then in New Zealand?
I know it is not going to be easy but rear if we don't do it know, we will never do it.
It has been cold and non stopped rain over here for the past three days and this is meant to be our summer!
Life is too short and we want to live somewhere where, you can enjoy the area you live and not have to spend half of your life inside!
Old May 28th 2007, 6:39 am

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Do a quick search and read up on some of the posts what already write on this subject and remember take everything with a pinch of salt.
Only you can say if the jump is worth it. Everyones experience is so different.

Good luck
Gill NZ since 2003 and LOVING IT.
Thanks Gill...what are the bits you most enjoy and then find hard about the country?
Old May 28th 2007, 6:53 am
Just Joined

mccgirls is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reecefam
Hi Genesis...i am a retail Area Manager/Store Manager...for my sins! They wanted me to go to the South Island but the weather is a ket reason for us moving out of this place and looking into your climate, thought the North Island matched what we were looking for a lot more, warm most of the year round, without ever being far too hot and not being cold either!

Hi Reecefam,
How did you manage to get the job offer from here, is it with your current company? I also am an Area Manager in Retail and looking to move and a job offer would really boost my points, currently got 115 without offer of employment. any advice would be much appreciated

Last edited by mccgirls; May 28th 2007 at 6:56 am. Reason: add to
Old May 28th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant advice...thank you...how far is Palmerston North away then? Sorry for my ignorance, just know the job is going to be on the north shore of Auckland and so we need to be based within 30 miles or so of the area!
How are Schools in the area, is there a way of finding out good Schools from bad ones, from over here?
If you're going to be working on the shore, then the hibiscus coast is within 30min commute. Where is the job, exactly? You can get a decent family place around here for $500k. Or, the upper east coast bays are within the same price bracket but probably a smaller section.
Old May 28th 2007, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by mccgirls
Hi Reecefam,
How did you manage to get the job offer from here, is it with your current company? I also am an Area Manager in Retail and looking to move and a job offer would really boost my points, currently got 115 without offer of employment. any advice would be much appreciated
Hi mcgirls...just emailed CV off to various agencies within New Zealand and got a few replies. Takes a while though. What part of retail are you in? Food retailers and non food ones seem to be in demand over there.
Old May 28th 2007, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
If you're going to be working on the shore, then the hibiscus coast is within 30min commute. Where is the job, exactly? You can get a decent family place around here for $500k. Or, the upper east coast bays are within the same price bracket but probably a smaller section.
Getting the exact detail next week, just been told it is on North Shore of Auckland...whatever that means.
We are looking at renting first, as we will not have sold our house here before we go.
Old May 28th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the exact detail next week, just been told it is on North Shore of Auckland...whatever that means.
We are looking at renting first, as we will not have sold our house here before we go.
Hi M, sorry P North is NO good to you if you have to be in Auckland..we are a 7 hr drive south down towards Welly. If you REALLY want good weather best stay up there..Palmy is not noted for fair weather in the main. Auckland is warmer so I understand. Good luck in your move!!!!!!
Old May 28th 2007, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Hi mcgirls...just emailed CV off to various agencies within New Zealand and got a few replies. Takes a while though. What part of retail are you in? Food retailers and non food ones seem to be in demand over there.
Hi Reecefam, I'm in non food, cosmetics and fragrance to be exact. I'm currently studying part time for an MBA which I finish December so I would like to head out about this time next year.

If you have any details of those agencies I would be grateful
Old May 28th 2007, 8:57 am

Hi Reecefam, I'm in non food, cosmetics and fragrance to be exact. I'm currently studying part time for an MBA which I finish December so I would like to head out about this time next year.

If you have any details of those agencies I would be grateful
Hi mate...just go on google and look for recruitment agencies.
Have you any food experience because that is what they are really looking for.
I emailed the retailers themselves directly and they were interested.
Salaries not quite the sames as over here though mate...had a few offers/interest but when i said what salary i was looking for, which was a lot less than i am on now, it frightened them off!
Keep at it though mate and let me know how you get one.
[email protected]
Old May 28th 2007, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Hi mate...just go on google and look for recruitment agencies.
Have you any food experience because that is what they are really looking for.
I emailed the retailers themselves directly and they were interested.
Salaries not quite the sames as over here though mate...had a few offers/interest but when i said what salary i was looking for, which was a lot less than i am on now, it frightened them off!
Keep at it though mate and let me know how you get one.
[email protected]
Hi Reecefam, drinks but not food, thanks for the advice though I'm going to start sending my CV out. Thats the thing that worries me the salaries, they do seem to be a lot less than over here. When are thinking of going??

Tesco I see, your finance director received an honoury doctorate at my graduation earlier this year, very nice man I thought
Old May 28th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

I hate to put a dampner on things but NZ isn't the hottest place around so i hope that's not the only reason for moving here?!!! 3 days of rain in May (not quite summer really!) ain't too bad as you'll find it rain's here fairly often too!

If you are looking around the Auckland area then check out http://www.realestate.co.nz/ or http://www.allrealestate.co.nz/ or http://www.open2view.com/ The open2view one is probably a good one to look at as you can see the areas a bit better.

I can't say much about South or East Auckland but West is up and coming and lovely but some area's can be slightly colder during the winter time. North Auckland is quite expensive in some areas (Devonport/Milford/Takapuna/Brown's Bay, etc.) but lovely beaches, good facililites (inc. buses) and good schools. Hibiscus Coast is a little further north but again lovely beaches, ok facilities and slightly less expensive in most areas.
Old May 28th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: HELP!!!

Hi Heavenley...did it not work for you then in New Zealand?
I know it is not going to be easy but rear if we don't do it know, we will never do it.
It has been cold and non stopped rain over here for the past three days and this is meant to be our summer!
Life is too short and we want to live somewhere where, you can enjoy the area you live and not have to spend half of your life inside!
HI
I do believe that everyone should emigrate if that is what they want. We have lived in other countries, and NZ is not for us. I am a Lecturer and there r no jobs here in NZ for my profession (even though it is on the skills shortage list) and Hubby a HGV driver and has had work ever since we arrived. There is good and bad in every situation and I am pleased we came and experienced it all. It is the most beautiful country in the world but u can't live on scenery. Good Luck with the research and emigrating. You have so much in the Uk that u all take for granted!! LOL
Old May 28th 2007, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Heavenlyscent
HI
I do believe that everyone should emigrate if that is what they want. We have lived in other countries, and NZ is not for us. I am a Lecturer and there r no jobs here in NZ for my profession (even though it is on the skills shortage list) and Hubby a HGV driver and has had work ever since we arrived. There is good and bad in every situation and I am pleased we came and experienced it all. It is the most beautiful country in the world but u can't live on scenery. Good Luck with the research and emigrating. You have so much in the Uk that u all take for granted!! LOL
Hi...i do appreciate we take things for granted...and there will be loads we miss but things are getting worse and not better here and the weather is def. a downer!
Old May 28th 2007, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Rustie
I hate to put a dampner on things but NZ isn't the hottest place around so i hope that's not the only reason for moving here?!!! 3 days of rain in May (not quite summer really!) ain't too bad as you'll find it rain's here fairly often too!

If you are looking around the Auckland area then check out http://www.realestate.co.nz/ or http://www.allrealestate.co.nz/ or http://www.open2view.com/ The open2view one is probably a good one to look at as you can see the areas a bit better.

I can't say much about South or East Auckland but West is up and coming and lovely but some area's can be slightly colder during the winter time. North Auckland is quite expensive in some areas (Devonport/Milford/Takapuna/Brown's Bay, etc.) but lovely beaches, good facililites (inc. buses) and good schools. Hibiscus Coast is a little further north but again lovely beaches, ok facilities and slightly less expensive in most areas.
Thanks Rustie, i do appreciate your help and reply.
Old May 28th 2007, 11:31 am

Hi Reecefam, drinks but not food, thanks for the advice though I'm going to start sending my CV out. Thats the thing that worries me the salaries, they do seem to be a lot less than over here. When are thinking of going??

Tesco I see, your finance director received an honoury doctorate at my graduation earlier this year, very nice man I thought
Yes...they all appear good guys and well qualified in what they do.
I would emphasise the drink part of your work history, as that is the bit most employers seem interested in, when i emailed them, the food and drink experience i held.
I think working for Tesco has helped as they have heard of the chain over in New Zealand and their reputation.
As i say, i would email your CV over to as many stores/sites as you can, i think you will soon get a reply but as you have found out, salaries are not the same but maybe cost of living is less as well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.