Help

Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:54 am
In Albany and loving it!!

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice
Default Help

Got the application back today seems like my 17 yer old need permission from her father to leave to go to nz. Trouble is i have not seen her father for 16 years. I thought that once the child was over 17, soon to be 18 she didn't need her permission.

We are thinking of her going out on her passport or holiday visa and then once in the country then applying for a work visa for her as she will then be 18. and won't need permission.

any advice on this would be great
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:03 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help

Originally Posted by katracy
Got the application back today seems like my 17 yer old need permission from her father to leave to go to nz. Trouble is i have not seen her father for 16 years. I thought that once the child was over 17, soon to be 18 she didn't need her permission.

We are thinking of her going out on her passport or holiday visa and then once in the country then applying for a work visa for her as she will then be 18. and won't need permission.

any advice on this would be great
Is your application for PR?
AFIK, if she is in education she will need a student visa.
There may issues for her viz a viz her sponsoring her father to enter the country at a later date should she gain PR along with you.........
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:13 am

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice

She was going on a student visa, yes but has now decided she wants to work. What age can she travel without having permission from her father.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:42 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katracy
She was going on a student visa, yes but has now decided she wants to work. What age can she travel without having permission from her father.
sorry but I dont know - I do work with two ex-NZIS people and can ask them on Tuesday if that helps.......
I'd imagine that there is far less of a "problem" with anything other than PR or work-to-residence as there is no sponsorship allowed (AFIK) so he would not be able to "sneak" in after her (words that might be used by NZIS not me....).
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:05 am

We are thinking of taking her out on holiday , she will be 18 by then, then once there appling for a work visa for her, she shouldn't need no permission by then?