Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello,we're new to this

Hello,we're new to this

Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

me and my family is a jewel in the roughme and my family is a jewel in the roughme and my family is a jewel in the roughme and my family is a jewel in the roughme and my family is a jewel in the rough
Smile Hello,we're new to this

Hi,never done this,but looking at coming to NZ with hubbie and two kids aged 9 and 5,been speaking to a guy at NZ visa bureau sounds promising but could do with any tips and info on different areas to live.
Hubbie's job is a trucker so advice on this would be good too.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:58 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hello,we're new to this

Welcome to the forum.

First off, please be aware that as a trucker it would be unlikely at this time for your husband to qualify for permanent residency. However, he may be able to get a job driving here on a temporary work permit. He would need to find a sponsoring employer and show evidence to New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) his qualifications and experience. If that works out you would get an open work permit (you could work at whatever for whomever or choose not to work, up to you) and your children would get student visas allowing them to study at any local primary or secondary school.

Whew...that's just a wee bit to digest after just saying hello, huh? Sorry.

Good luck.