Reload this Page >

Hello from Wellington

Hello from Wellington

Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

Leccy-Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Wellington

Took far too long joining this site!
I read it for some months and even before i came out here, but now seems like a good time to join as be good to meet others in the area.

Quick Rundown,
I came out to NZ alone (no family etc) in June on a 12month Working Holiday Visa, had plans to travel and be a backpacker for 6mths and then find work and settle and apply for PR. However cashflow got much tighter than i had hoped and i had to find work and settle much sooner than expected.

So i live in Kelson, Lower Hutt (flatsharing a house) and work as an Electrician in the area, i am still going through the electrical registeration process right now, and once i have got that sorted i can then apply for my PR after, and hopefully it should be ok with 200ish points etc.

I have always for many many years wanted to emigrate to NZ, so i decided last year that 2007 was the time, looked at doing process in UK, but with finding a job and being in NZ to get registration i decided it would be easier to be here in NZ and apply for PR.

Be great to meet some other expats in Wellington, already met a few through another forum, so be great to get out a bit more!

I originate from Tunbridge Wells area of UK..
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:01 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Wellington

Welcome to the forum Lee, have some karma to start you off
Karen X
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

hi Lee,
welcome to the mad house
there are plenty of expat meet ups in welly , just keep your eyes peeled for them on the site
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LeeBennett

Welcome to British Ex-Pantiles

Kip
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeBennett
Took far too long joining this site!
I read it for some months and even before i came out here, but now seems like a good time to join as be good to meet others in the area.

Quick Rundown,
I came out to NZ alone (no family etc) in June on a 12month Working Holiday Visa, had plans to travel and be a backpacker for 6mths and then find work and settle and apply for PR. However cashflow got much tighter than i had hoped and i had to find work and settle much sooner than expected.

So i live in Kelson, Lower Hutt (flatsharing a house) and work as an Electrician in the area, i am still going through the electrical registeration process right now, and once i have got that sorted i can then apply for my PR after, and hopefully it should be ok with 200ish points etc.

I have always for many many years wanted to emigrate to NZ, so i decided last year that 2007 was the time, looked at doing process in UK, but with finding a job and being in NZ to get registration i decided it would be easier to be here in NZ and apply for PR.

Be great to meet some other expats in Wellington, already met a few through another forum, so be great to get out a bit more!

Don't be shy this could be right up your street...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485236

I'm from Kent as well, lived in Belvedere/Orpington for years...
Old Oct 20th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee & welcome. It's good to find a sparky in welly.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:07 am
life finally begins in NZ

sarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to Wellington
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

PAUL M has a brilliant futurePAUL M has a brilliant futurePAUL M has a brilliant futurePAUL M has a brilliant futurePAUL M has a brilliant futurePAUL M has a brilliant futurePAUL M has a brilliant future

Hi Lee
I will be coming to Wellington soon , workin in Wellington Hospital
So what you think of Wellington , is it nice
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:02 am
Account Closed

Leccy-Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all, i like Wellington so far, i live out on the hills in lower hutt. So like the fact that i am nice and close to the city, but quiet enough where i am to have a little peace.

Paul, it think you will like Welly, its got a great vibe to it..
And Simon, i may well consider the races, have to see how work goes..

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 23rd 2007 at 10:55 am. Reason: tidy up the post per Lees request