Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello from Waterlooville, Hampshire UK

Hello from Waterlooville, Hampshire UK

Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:35 pm
We're off!!

caw248 is a jewel in the roughcaw248 is a jewel in the roughcaw248 is a jewel in the roughcaw248 is a jewel in the rough
Default Hello from Waterlooville, Hampshire UK

Hello all. We've been trying to get to NZ since about 2006, doing all the research, visiting, working out points and the expression of interest verses the accredited employer sponsorship. We now have our visas and I must say, although looking back to 2006 when doing the research etc, this point now seems to have come at us very fast. Our house is on the market and not selling so just changing agents today, employer wants husband out in Auckland ASAP which leaves me here sorting out all the other bits. Very very excited about the move but it really is rather daunting as well. Does anyone out there have any useful advice on how not to get stressed over the whole moving thing??
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:39 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hello from Waterlooville, Hampshire UK

Originally Posted by caw248
Does anyone out there have any useful advice on how not to get stressed over the whole moving thing??
Step by step.

I remember a line from a cheesy film starring Keanu Reeves. Young Siddartha was sitting by the river meditating like nobody's business and just not gettin' it, you know. His enthusiastic asceticism wasn't getting him any closer to whatever. Anyway, there on the river on a boat he heard a music teacher telling his pupil, 'If the string is too loose, you cannot play. If the string is too tight it will break'. It was then that Siddartha had an epiphany. 'Yo, dude! That's it. The middle way is the ticket!' He was probably thinkin' in Hindi, but never mind. The point is, don't get too low or too high. Take it bit by bit and you'll end up making beautiful music.

Of course, Goldilocks and the Three Bears also works as an parable for those of you not into Eastern Religions.

Hang in there and good luck.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:17 pm
We're off!!

caw248 is a jewel in the roughcaw248 is a jewel in the roughcaw248 is a jewel in the roughcaw248 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by happynz
Step by step.

I remember a line from a cheesy film starring Keanu Reeves. Young Siddartha was sitting by the river meditating like nobody's business and just not gettin' it, you know. His enthusiastic asceticism wasn't getting him any closer to whatever. Anyway, there on the river on a boat he heard a music teacher telling his pupil, 'If the string is too loose, you cannot play. If the string is too tight it will break'. It was then that Siddartha had an epiphany. 'Yo, dude! That's it. The middle way is the ticket!' He was probably thinkin' in Hindi, but never mind. The point is, don't get too low or too high. Take it bit by bit and you'll end up making beautiful music.

Of course, Goldilocks and the Three Bears also works as an parable for those of you not into Eastern Religions.

Hang in there and good luck.
Never had it quite explained like that, but hey... i like it. Thanks.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caw248
Hello all. We've been trying to get to NZ since about 2006, doing all the research, visiting, working out points and the expression of interest verses the accredited employer sponsorship. We now have our visas and I must say, although looking back to 2006 when doing the research etc, this point now seems to have come at us very fast. Our house is on the market and not selling so just changing agents today, employer wants husband out in Auckland ASAP which leaves me here sorting out all the other bits. Very very excited about the move but it really is rather daunting as well. Does anyone out there have any useful advice on how not to get stressed over the whole moving thing??
Alcohol!!

Welcome to the forum!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:06 pm
We're off!!

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Alcohol!!

Welcome to the forum!!
Yeah - I am up for the alcohol!!

Thank you