Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello from Upholland Lancashire

Hello from Upholland Lancashire

Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

SHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really nice
Default Hello from Upholland Lancashire

Hello all

My name is Mark OH is Sharon we have 2 girls 7 and 10. House to sell or rent watch this space!

We are hoping to move to the Christchurch area about Nov 09, OH is a Nurse so we have applied under skilled shortage. I work for Social Services as a senior family support officer. I will be a stay at home dad until our girls are settled so looking to work early next year. ACC have shown interest in employing me, will keep you informed of our progress.

EOI was drawn Nov 08, medicals on the 8th of Jan and the ITA needs to returned by the end of Feb 2009.

Look forward to sharing our experience with you all

cheers
Mark

Last edited by SHAZMARK; Jan 19th 2009 at 6:24 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Upholland Lancashire

Hello

I have just noticed you are from Upholland that's not far from where we live.

We are in NZ at the moment visiting our daughter, son in law & grandson. They have been here 2 and a half years now and love it. I hope you have been reading my daily report of our holiday. We went to Christchurch where you are thinking of going. Gail Doug & Ryan decided on the North Island because it gererally has a warmer climate in the winter. They did not want to feel they where back in Lancashire again.

If you click on the link below my signature you will see them in their shop. They would have no chance of opening a new business in the UK it would have cost too much.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Mark & Sharon

Sure you'll find this site very useful & with some friendly folk around too. Why Christchurch? We opted for the North Island too, on the Whangaparaoa peninsula, north of Auckland. Christchurch is a nice enough city but didn't do it for us. We wanted warmth & lots of beaches.

You'll have a good view of Billinge lump no doubt . Used to go to jolly good pub in Parbold many moons ago.

Good luck with your journey.

Chief V

PS. June, you never miss a marketing opportunity, I hope Doug & Gail are paying you
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Welcome Mark & Sharon

Sure you'll find this site very useful & with some friendly folk around too. Why Christchurch? We opted for the North Island too, on the Whangaparaoa peninsula, north of Auckland. Christchurch is a nice enough city but didn't do it for us. We wanted warmth & lots of beaches.

You'll have a good view of Billinge lump no doubt . Used to go to jolly good pub in Parbold many moons ago.

Good luck with your journey.

Chief V

PS. June, you never miss a marketing opportunity, I hope Doug & Gail are
paying you

Well we are getting bed & board so we will have to make do with that.

How long have you been here by the way?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi we are from Bolton - just down the road -What is ACC ?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

SHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really nice

Hi Bolton1

Follow this link, it will give you info on ACC

http://www.acc.co.nz/index.htm

Cheers

Mark
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks I thought it was a social work agency or something that I hadn't come across - Good luck with everything