hello from the Uk

Old May 5th 2007, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

the wilkes family is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face hello from the Uk

hello everyone

we have just been granted residency and are hoping to be in NZ by sept or oct this year dependant on house sale!

we are thinking of renting a house to start with on the north shore and if anyone could recommend a good primary school (for our six year old) that would be really helpful!

I lived in Auckland 10 years ago and am really excited about coming back. But this is the first time for my husband and son!

Look forward to chatting and hearing from people for advice!
Old May 5th 2007, 3:29 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: hello from the Uk

Hello Wilkes family. I don't know much about the North Shore, having never lived there, but it seems there's a goodly percentage of Brits that have chosen the North Shore as a destination. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you some info.
Oh yeah. Congrats on getting PR.
Old May 5th 2007, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

the wilkes family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happynz
Hello Wilkes family. I don't know much about the North Shore, having never lived there, but it seems there's a goodly percentage of Brits that have chosen the North Shore as a destination. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you some info.
Oh yeah. Congrats on getting PR.
thanks very much for your good wishes, where do you live in NZ and are you happy there?
Old May 5th 2007, 3:52 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

My wife and ten-year-old daughter are in St Albans, Christchurch. I've been working here in the Silicon Valley in California for the past two months and I'm ready to go home to Christchurch.

Happy? Yeah, I'm reasonably content with Kiwi life.
Old May 5th 2007, 8:04 pm
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the wilkes family
hello everyone

we have just been granted residency and are hoping to be in NZ by sept or oct this year dependant on house sale!

we are thinking of renting a house to start with on the north shore and if anyone could recommend a good primary school (for our six year old) that would be really helpful!

I lived in Auckland 10 years ago and am really excited about coming back. But this is the first time for my husband and son!

Look forward to chatting and hearing from people for advice!

Hi ya and Welcome

I cant give you first hand experience of schools as we dont have any kids but these are some of the schools that some of our friends kids go to and they thoroughly recommend them. Obviously it depends on which area you choose to live in but here goes anyway.

Glamorgan School in torbay
Milford primary - Milford
kauri park - silverdale
Cristen - Albany
Sherwood Primary - Browns Bay

Not sure if these are any of your areas of choice but hope it helps.

Good luck with your move over. I live on the North Shore so if you need any more info, just let me know or PM me.

Old May 6th 2007, 4:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi and Welcome to the site.

I can't help with the North Shore either We live on the other island.