Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello from Perth, WA

Hello from Perth, WA

Old May 28th 2013, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello from Perth, WA

Hello people.

So we're just over 3 weeks in to an 8 week journey from London to Auckland, so far via;

Ottawa, Toronto, Las Vegas, LA and San Diego.

The ultimate family highlight was San Diego zoo, just brilliant.

The lowlight, although one of those travelling experiences was having to return to LA on our flight to Perth (via Melbourne) after a passenger had a heart attack about 2 hours in to the journey. We ended up getting to Perth 20 hours later than planned, but I have to say Qantas were excellent in looking after the passengers of a fully booked A380.

Vegas was mental, as always.

I hope you've all been behaving yourselves

All of my reservations and fears about emigrating have all but disappeared. Whilst I realise one has to earn, spending the last 4 weeks (we had a week in the UK before leaving 3 weeks ago) with the family has been one of the best decisions I have probably ever made.

Planned joblessness and homelessness is rather cathartic, I have to say.

Anyway, just 5 weeks until arrival in Auckland ... It's coming around quickly!!

PS the woman who had the heart attack is making a good recovery in hospital in LA, or at let she was by the time we got to Melbourne on Sunday morning.
Old May 28th 2013, 5:16 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Perth, WA

Hi Tommy. I didn't think you'd break radio silence until you got to NZ !

Nice to hear you're having a great time on your en route holiday. In spite of a fellow passenger having a heart attack which they are recovering from.

Hope all goes well until and including when you roll into NZ in about five weeks time
Old May 29th 2013, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Perth, WA

Thought I'd pop in, you know.

Travelling with a two and a half year old in tow means there times like now too surf the net.

She's currently watching Peppa Pig. Somethings will never change ...