Reload this Page >

Hello from Papamoa

Hello from Papamoa

Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:47 am
Just Joined

lauralou will become famous soon enoughlauralou will become famous soon enough
Default Hello from Papamoa

Hi Everyone

My name is Laura and I emigrated to NZ from the UK at the beginning of October 2006 with my husband and our 2 young daughters. We came over on a PR visa as my husband managed to secure a job in Tauranga before we left the UK. We rented a house in Mount Maunganui for the first couple of months that we were here and then bought a house in Papamoa which we moved into on 13th December!!!
I can't believe that we have been here for 10 months already - the time has simply flown by. We all really love it here and despite missing family and friends like mad at times, we really do feel at home.
We have made a few friends so far, mainly neighbours and people that we have met through our eldest daughters school, and I am looking forward to hopefully making some more good friends through this site.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:50 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello from Papamoa

Originally Posted by lauralou
Hi Everyone

My name is Laura and I emigrated to NZ from the UK at the beginning of October 2006 with my husband and our 2 young daughters. We came over on a PR visa as my husband managed to secure a job in Tauranga before we left the UK. We rented a house in Mount Maunganui for the first couple of months that we were here and then bought a house in Papamoa which we moved into on 13th December!!!
I can't believe that we have been here for 10 months already - the time has simply flown by. We all really love it here and despite missing family and friends like mad at times, we really do feel at home.
We have made a few friends so far, mainly neighbours and people that we have met through our eldest daughters school, and I am looking forward to hopefully making some more good friends through this site.

Hi Laura and a very warm welcome to the site.

We've been in Papamoa for 4.5 months now and love it - what's not to love? There are loads of us in the area and we are planning another meet up soon.

How old are your children? We have 15, 12, 8 and 4 and ... just kidding ...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:58 am
Just Joined

Hi Am Loolah and thanks for the warm welcome

You are absolutely right - what is there not to love?!

Our girls are 7 and 16months. My word you must have your hands full with 4!!

A meetup sounds like a great idea. I am always up for going out especially if there is alcohol involved!!! Now I've said that you are probably all teetotal!!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:04 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Am Loolah and thanks for the warm welcome

You are absolutely right - what is there not to love?!

Our girls are 7 and 16months. My word you must have your hands full with 4!!

A meetup sounds like a great idea. I am always up for going out especially if there is alcohol involved!!! Now I've said that you are probably all teetotal!!
Yes and Queen of the Gym .... yeah right!!!

I've just started a new thread on the main page for coffee next week. The next official p*&s up is scheduled for November I think which seems a lifetime away!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:34 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Laura, welcome to the forum, karma to start you off.
We might even have been on the same flight as we arrived here early last October also.
Gym Queen - Am Loolah?
Only if the weights involved are bottles of Bolly as she has had a lot of practice lifting them!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:34 am
Just Joined

tallpaul2uk will become famous soon enoughtallpaul2uk will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone

Hi lauralou,

Been in tauranga 8 months and love it too. Catch up would be good. I've heard the 16th Nov is a possible.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Hi Lauralou,

We should be over there fairly soon. We being the OH and 3 possibily 4 kids.

AmLoolah and Karonious are obviously trying to adopt you into there drinking gang, don't trust them........drunkards believe me

Seriously though, you should meet a good bunch on here, 90% want to help out and make some new mates.

Nici
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the great welcome guys. Drinking gang you say?? Can I join?? please, please, pretty please??!!!!

You're right Nici, they seem like a really friendly bunch on here and I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of them next week.
I bet you are looking forward to getting here - not too long to wait now eh?? Whereabouts in Essex are you from? We are from Benfleet and southend originally.

Look forward to meeting you once you arrive - I'm always up for a good drinking session!!!!

Laura
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the great welcome guys. Drinking gang you say?? Can I join?? please, please, pretty please??!!!!

You're right Nici, they seem like a really friendly bunch on here and I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of them next week.
I bet you are looking forward to getting here - not too long to wait now eh?? Whereabouts in Essex are you from? We are from Benfleet and southend originally.

Look forward to meeting you once you arrive - I'm always up for a good drinking session!!!!

Laura
Just up the road from Benfleet.......Orsett in fact!
How uncanny.

We have the job offer the house has just sold and we can't bloody wait
May have to stay here for xmas for the parents sake, but we are thinking maybe we should just up and leave instead of drawing it all out.

Right...........The Gang
As for AmLoolah, take a bottle (or keg) of bolly and you'll be alright.
Karonious, now she too likes a few, and she seems like a nutcase so enjoy yourself with her lot
As for me (if they let me in their gang) as long as you have a bottle of whiskey in your hand your welocme anytime, just remember, you brought it for the host not for you too sit and drink