Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello from Newbies

Hello from Newbies

Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

NewZ2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Newbies

This is just to say hello and introduce ourselves.

We are Sue and Jason, and currently live in England. We have now decided that enough is enough and it is time to move on, in this instance to move on to New Zealand.

We have a son who is 3 next month and we have a new arrival due in mid November.

Our current plan is to get the house and family straight and make the move sometime at the end of next year. We will keep you all posted as to how things are going and most definitely be asking a few questions along the way.

Sue and Jason.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Newbies

Hiya Sue and Jason.

We've been in Auckland exactly a year now.... where abouts are you headed?

We have rented here for a year but now its time to sell UK house and buy a place here..... its all going through ok at the moment.

We live in a seaside village 20 minutes outside Auckland..... its really nice here for toddlers.... we have a son whos 3 in November and have just found out we have one due in January! Beachlands is great for bringing up littlies.

Hope it all goes well for you.... its a big move.

Sarah
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NewZ2006

We are Sue and Jason, and currently live in England. We have now decided that enough is enough and it is time to move on, in this instance to move on to New Zealand.

We have a son who is 3 next month and we have a new arrival due in mid November.

Our current plan is to get the house and family straight and make the move sometime at the end of next year. We will keep you all posted as to how things are going and most definitely be asking a few questions along the way.

Sue and Jason.
good luck with the whole process, we,ve got 2 kids 5 & 3 and they love it here. we've been here since April. If you need any advice the guys on the forum are fab,
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

hanjan will become famous soon enoughhanjan will become famous soon enough

Hi, we are Janet and David, and are in a very similar situation. We intend to complete a fact finding trip in April Next year, and hopefully move out soon afterwards.
Keep in touc and we'll share experiences
Janet

Sue and Jason.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hello all newbies!

Where in Essex are you? I am a former Essex girl myself from Harlow.

As Sarah B has already said, it is great place to bring up your children. I haven't been to Beachlands area but from what she has said it sounds a bit like Browns Bay where I live. My youngest is 17 months, born here, and she loves the beach and parks as do my teenagers!

Come on over!!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hiya Sue and Jason.

We've been in Auckland exactly a year now.... where abouts are you headed?

We have rented here for a year but now its time to sell UK house and buy a place here..... its all going through ok at the moment.

We live in a seaside village 20 minutes outside Auckland..... its really nice here for toddlers.... we have a son whos 3 in November and have just found out we have one due in January! Beachlands is great for bringing up littlies.

Hope it all goes well for you.... its a big move.

Sarah
Hello Sarah

It was lovely to read your reply. Good Luck with the sale of your property.

The seaside village you live in sounds lovely...ideal for young children (& my husband !). We are currently learning about the different areas within New Zealand so it's good to get a few hands on opinions. We would like to move to the North part of the island where it seems the weather is better.

We wish you luck with the arrival of your new addition. Thanks again.

Sue & Jason
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hanjan
Hi, we are Janet and David, and are in a very similar situation. We intend to complete a fact finding trip in April Next year, and hopefully move out soon afterwards.

Janet
Hello Janet & David,

Thanks for your lovely reply to our thread. It's good to speak to someone who is in the same position as we are. It sounds as though you are as new to this as we are....it's really quite frightening but exciting at the same time.

We would love to keep in touch with you during the comming months & will keep you updated with our findings too.

Here's to sharing our fears & excitment in the near future

Sue, Jason, Luke & the bump !!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jude J
Hello all newbies!

Where in Essex are you? I am a former Essex girl myself from Harlow.

As Sarah B has already said, it is great place to bring up your children. I haven't been to Beachlands area but from what she has said it sounds a bit like Browns Bay where I live. My youngest is 17 months, born here, and she loves the beach and parks as do my teenagers!

Come on over!!
Hello Jude,

Thanks for your response....it's a very small world....we are in Nazeing, as you know 10 mins from Harlow !

Yes, the main reason we are moving is to provide our young son & soon to arrive sibling with a better quality of life. Not so much sitting in front of the TV & more time to spend together as a family.

I don't know if you have been back to this area of the woods recently but every green available space is being built on.

How long have you been in New Zealand ?? Did you move straight out there or rent out your house for a while first ??

We look forward to hearing from you again soon,

Sue & Jason.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hello Jude,

Thanks for your response....it's a very small world....we are in Nazeing, as you know 10 mins from Harlow !

Yes, the main reason we are moving is to provide our young son & soon to arrive sibling with a better quality of life. Not so much sitting in front of the TV & more time to spend together as a family.

I don't know if you have been back to this area of the woods recently but every green available space is being built on.

How long have you been in New Zealand ?? Did you move straight out there or rent out your house for a while first ??

We look forward to hearing from you again soon,

Sue & Jason.

He he...Nazeing, yes it is a small world!
Last time I was back in England was 2004 I went to Harlow as my youngest sister lives in Sawbridgeworth. I'm sorry to anyone reading this that might live in and love the area but it just depressed me and I couldn't wait to leave.
A typical day out for my sister and her 3 young girls would be to Hatfield Forest and as lovely as it is it just doesn't compare to what there is on offer here.

We have been here almost 4 years. We sold our house before coming out here. We are still living in the same house that we rented within a week of moving here as it is so lovely! But we are now waiting for news on a house we want to buy, should know by Friday if it is ours
I am so glad I get to bring my baby up in this country. I am aimimg for the same as you, not so much TV and more outdoor activities!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Jude,

....it's a very small world....we are in Nazeing,
Bloody hell, small world, i lived in Brickendon, nr Hertford, until i was 21 & my mum & dad still live there!!! My dad worked in the Sainsburys warehouse at Rye Park , Hoddesdon for about 20 yrs til he retired a couple of yeras ago
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Fidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really nice

Originally Posted by hanjan
Janet

Hello,

We are Fiona and Dan, (and 2 children, 5 and 3 - and dog!) and also in the same position. Reading this thread prompted me to eventually register and join in the discussions! We are currently planning our fact finding mission for October, with the aim of moving in 18months or so. Just feeling pretty bewildered at the moment as to the best way to go about getting in and the best order in which to do things. Any advice will be very gratefully received!
At the moment I really fancy Christchurch, but it depends on where Dan can get a job - he is an IT manager.
We are probably going to visit Auckland and Christchurch when we are over in October. Would it be possible to meet up with anyone over there to discuss experiences, etc?

Fiona and Dan
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fidan
Hello,

We are Fiona and Dan, (and 2 children, 5 and 3 - and dog!) and also in the same position. Reading this thread prompted me to eventually register and join in the discussions! We are currently planning our fact finding mission for October, with the aim of moving in 18months or so. Just feeling pretty bewildered at the moment as to the best way to go about getting in and the best order in which to do things. Any advice will be very gratefully received!
At the moment I really fancy Christchurch, but it depends on where Dan can get a job - he is an IT manager.
We are probably going to visit Auckland and Christchurch when we are over in October. Would it be possible to meet up with anyone over there to discuss experiences, etc?

Fiona and Dan
Hi Fiona, Dan and family,
Just had our medicals and just waiting for blood test to come back
so far so good we should be flying out 26th of August.
we ard heading to Auckland ,hubby opening a new office for company based all over the world.
exciting times a head a little scared but looking forward to the move,we have three children 16,11 and 4 so its a big move will keep you posted on how we get on, should be hopfully settled in NZ life by the time you visit. Watch this space and you can see how we get on .

Anything you need to know don't hesitate to ask.
happy holiday for october
Jane,Wayne and the gang
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Fidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really niceFidan is just really nice

Originally Posted by waynepfry
Hi Fiona, Dan and family,
Just had our medicals and just waiting for blood test to come back
so far so good we should be flying out 26th of August.
we ard heading to Auckland ,hubby opening a new office for company based all over the world.
exciting times a head a little scared but looking forward to the move,we have three children 16,11 and 4 so its a big move will keep you posted on how we get on, should be hopfully settled in NZ life by the time you visit. Watch this space and you can see how we get on .

Anything you need to know don't hesitate to ask.
happy holiday for october
Jane,Wayne and the gang
Hi there,

Thanks for the welcome. You must be so excited - and daunted and lots of other emotions, I'm sure! Best of luck to you all for the big move. Keep us posted!

No doubt I will be in touch very soon with plenty of questions!

Fiona, Dan and children