hello newbie here

Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:39 am
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post hello newbie here

hi every1,
we have just this past few months started looking into emmigrating.The usual reasons apply for our decision,crime,drugs,jobs,housing etc.
I have found few things out from a kiwi in Wellington,like he told me about the wetas :scared:
But he did convince me he,s only seen couple,and considering the size our spiders have increased over past couple years ,well im sure we,ll cope.
So hope to get loads of tips,even just finding this page and looking at couple links posted on it has been exciting.
My daughter fancies Wellington or Napier just from looking at pics,they do look lovely.
Think Auckland sounds maybe bit busy,but as say we,ve only just stared looking into it
So bye for now and im glad i found this page
Old Oct 9th 2006, 1:29 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello newbie here

Welcome to the site. We are glad you have joined us. We have the greatest group who post here and I'm sure you will make lots of cyber friends

Sue
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eileen35
hi every1,
we have just this past few months started looking into emmigrating.The usual reasons apply for our decision,crime,drugs,jobs,housing etc.
I have found few things out from a kiwi in Wellington,like he told me about the wetas :scared:
But he did convince me he,s only seen couple,and considering the size our spiders have increased over past couple years ,well im sure we,ll cope.
So hope to get loads of tips,even just finding this page and looking at couple links posted on it has been exciting.
My daughter fancies Wellington or Napier just from looking at pics,they do look lovely.
Think Auckland sounds maybe bit busy,but as say we,ve only just stared looking into it
welcome eileen
we've lived on the kapiti coast (about 1hr north of wellington) for 6 mths & we love it, we think its very pretty (as is wellington) & the views are fantastic. I'm not keen on the wetas either, hoping not to see any
take care
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

hi every1,
Yeah the wettas are a bit of a fright when you first see them, but I have lived in Auckland for 4 years and have only seen 2/3 and they were quite small. The huge ones live in caves, we saw them on a trip to Coromandel to the old gold mines. We were just at the mouth of the cave when the guide said not to worry about the insects as they dont bite, just then my daughter (then 13) let out a scream as she had seen one and I legged it out the cave! She was brave enough to carry on with her dad and brother but I decided I'd take my chances alone in the thick jungle (ok, forest).

Have fun with the research. Keep us posted and you will get lots of feedback on the different areas you are interested in. Are you planning a trip out to have a look around?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Eileen!! Had to,sorry. Wellington is where all the best posters live/are going to live. We're going in January. Napier is gorgeous,but more of a holiday place than somewhere to live,IMO, like Rhyl with skin cancer.
Good luck anyway. PS,how old's your daughter (don't panic,my missus is asking!)-we have 3 kids,Beth,9,Dan,8 and Joe,3 on Saturday gone.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:45 pm
The Robinsons

The Robinsons 2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome - I'm a newbie as well.
We have just decided that we are going to try and go to NZ as well. We are off on an exploratory trip in Feb - can't wait

What type of visa are you looking at going over on? I'm finding it all very confusing. We went to the Emigrate show yesterday in London and most people were really positive that we would be able to get in but there were a couple who were very negative.

We like the look of Napier and Hawke's Bay as well.

D
Old Oct 10th 2006, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

hi every1,
Welcome Eileen - I've been in Wellington for 10 years and just love the place! I'm even fascinated by the wetas! My son tells me there is a cave in Petone which is dark and quiet until you turn a torchlight on the ceiling - the whole ceiling then moves and writhes with hundreds of wetas :scared:
Old Oct 10th 2006, 9:41 am
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replys
we hadnt really thought about visiting first.Its the flying
i know i will have to do it to get there,but that flight over may be enough.
then youve got to think about family back here .
ive got a son at 17 who,s not keen to go as hes in a band, got a girlfriend .The strange thing is its through worrying about him that we,ve decided to do this and he,s the only 1 not keen.
well its not just him my daughter is 14 weve got the worry with her as well.
And the youngest whos five well he doesnt have a clue but we dont want the worry with him as well.
But we have decided that we cant put our lives on hold for my 17 yr old cos he might just move out anytime and we,re left here.
But i do hope he comes.
Also my parents have both had cancer last year,both doing remarkably well now,but its the thought of leaving them.
But on a cheerier note my hubby had look through this forum and hes really happy about the whole thing.he has even found some links and he doesnt bother with the computer normally.His main worry was missing the footie(rangers and liverpool).
but we all have to make sacrifices