Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello from a newbie

Hello from a newbie

Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

tommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the rough
Default Hello from a newbie

Hello there everyone!!

Me and the wife have been reading the forums for a good few months now since we decided to move to NZ. Lots of info gathered thats helped loads with our EOI adn ITA which was sent off to London on Thursday last week. I've applied under the Skilled Migrant category, I'm a tool and die technician by trade having spent the last 16 years working for Nissan in Sunderland. My wife has just qualified as a midwife from Teeside Uni and has been offered a job in Wellington Hospital starting early next year. Noticed that there's quite a few of you working there!! What's it like? Been searching the jobs sites for a few weeks now looking for myself but not having much luck, loads of stuff in Auckland - we were there in August for our hols - didnt really think of Wellington but they offered Lisa a job first. She had an interview at Middlemore Hospital, Auckland while we were there and they seemed keen, but Wellington offered her the job within 2 weeks of a telephone interview 3 weeks ago. Anyone know of any metal fabrication workshops or tool rooms that need a young gifted lad willing to work unsociable hours? Look forward to any replies

Thornton and Lisa

Thanks for moving to correct area I'm a numbty!

Last edited by tommytucker1975; Oct 28th 2007 at 10:58 pm. Reason: Spelling error and apology
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from a newbie

Hi there & welcome to the forum.
We are from Sunderland & left last June, where did you live.
I'm a nurse & work for Cap & Coast.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

tommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the rough

Still living in Redhouse at the minute, I'm from Southwick and Lisa from Redhouse. Got the house up for sale and ITA in, just playing the waiting game for both. Where are you from? We met quite a few people in Auckland from the North East. Are there many Mackems in Wellington?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:18 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tommytucker1975
Hello there everyone!!

Me and the wife have been reading the forums for a good few months now since we decided to move to NZ. Lots of info gathered thats helped loads with our EOI adn ITA which was sent off to London on Thursday last week. I've applied under the Skilled Migrant category, I'm a tool and die technician by trade having spent the last 16 years working for Nissan in Sunderland. My wife has just qualified as a midwife from Teeside Uni and has been offered a job in Wellington Hospital starting early next year. Noticed that there's quite a few of you working there!! What's it like? Been searching the jobs sites for a few weeks now looking for myself but not having much luck, loads of stuff in Auckland - we were there in August for our hols - didnt really think of Wellington but they offered Lisa a job first. She had an interview at Middlemore Hospital, Auckland while we were there and they seemed keen, but Wellington offered her the job within 2 weeks of a telephone interview 3 weeks ago. Anyone know of any metal fabrication workshops or tool rooms that need a young gifted lad willing to work unsociable hours? Look forward to any replies

Thornton and Lisa

Thanks for moving to correct area I'm a numbty!

OOOHHH NOOOOO invasion of the makems!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommytucker1975
Still living in Redhouse at the minute, I'm from Southwick and Lisa from Redhouse. Got the house up for sale and ITA in, just playing the waiting game for both. Where are you from? We met quite a few people in Auckland from the North East. Are there many Mackems in Wellington?
Hi there Tommy,
I'm from Shiney Row, worked at Sunderland Royal then for TNEY.
There's a couple more mackems in Tawa & a couple of Geordies due
out in Jan.