Reload this Page >

Hello! Moving to NZ - just told parents :S

Hello! Moving to NZ - just told parents :S

Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:01 am
BLP
Just Joined

BLP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello! Moving to NZ - just told parents :S

Me and my partner are planning a move to NZ early next year on the LTBV.

Have been wanting to tell my mum for ages and yesterday I said I had something to talk to her about soon, she then sent me a text asking if I was emigrating! Not sure if I'm gald it happened like this or not, but it feels like a weight has been lifted now. I'm seeing her tomorrow, hoping it goes ok but i realise that it would take anyone some getting used to!

Anyway, hello to you all!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:02 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello! Moving to NZ - just told parents :S

Originally Posted by BLP

Have been wanting to tell my mum for ages and yesterday I said I had something to talk to her about soon, she then sent me a text asking if I was emigrating! Not sure if I'm gald it happened like this or not, but it feels like a weight has been lifted now. I'm seeing her tomorrow, hoping it goes ok but i realise that it would take anyone some getting used to!

Hello and welcome to BE. It's rarely an easy conversation to have, but sounds like she must have a sixth sense!

Best of luck with the meeting.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:28 pm
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice

Hi - good luck with the chat- if she's mentioned it already its got to be a good thing. Of our two sets of parents one happily chat about our proposed move and agree it will be the best thing for our family and the other refuse to acknowledge it at all!

All the best with your plans
nik
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:52 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BLP

Welcome to the NZ forum Most of the members on here will have been through 'the telling the family' thing so will empathise with you on that one, good luck with your plans and keep smiling!
B
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:53 pm
BLP
Just Joined

BLP is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the words of encouragement and luck!

Well yes, as she is the one that we were most concerned about the fact that she brought it up makes it a bit easier, but don't think she is going to take it too well, I've already been told she is heart broken!

I'll let you know how it goes
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE, BLP

Always a difficult one but we've (mostly) all been there. Both of our families were supportive but upset obviously . We are fabulous children so we understood that . Best of luck with the chat, hopefully she'll be able to come & visit you in NZ from time-to-time.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light
Post Re: Hello! Moving to NZ - just told parents :S

Originally Posted by nik
Of our two sets of parents one happily chat about our proposed move and agree it will be the best thing for our family and the other refuse to acknowledge it at all!

All the best with your plans
nik
Good luck with the move and hope all goes well with telling your mum and Nik know exactly what you are saying - we have been here since November 2010 and still the same - one set of parents happy and positive, one set not so much!!! but, you have to remember that you have to do whats best for you and your families - good luck to you both x
Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute

It's never easy being away from family but with Skype it's a small world afterall. Your Mum will be worried not to have you around but remind her that she will be able to visit for holidays and she could always apply for a parents visa and join you !!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Hello! Moving to NZ - just told parents :S

Originally Posted by BLP

Well, we have our medicals at the end of this week and are now telling everyone we are going......told them to save up and come over for our wedding next year !!!........We will get there ahead of you and keep the spare room ready for you lol