Hello from Lpool

Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Hello from Lpool

Hi me and my husband are planning to return to NZ next year. We lived and work happily in Christchurch for 12months but had to return to the UK for one thing or another but have been itching to return. However we are undecided where to live. We are thinking more in the north island for the climate and the beaches given my husband interest in diving but are still unsure. The south is very beautiful with fantastic landscapes but I think the north may have more job opportunities. Any opinions would be appreciated!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:02 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Lpool

Hi & welcome Guess it all depends on what kind of lifestyle you would like ultimately. I am assuming you got to know NZ very well during your year over there. Because of work we are heading to the NI, hubster will have more job opportunities there. It whittled down to Welly or Auckland and we have decided on Welly (Kapiti coast) as its geographically better for us re family. Good luck with what ever you decide

Dewb
Old Jun 21st 2010, 7:10 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gaynor75 View Post
Hi me and my husband are planning to return to NZ next year. We lived and work happily in Christchurch for 12months but had to return to the UK for one thing or another but have been itching to return. However we are undecided where to live. We are thinking more in the north island for the climate and the beaches given my husband interest in diving but are still unsure. The south is very beautiful with fantastic landscapes but I think the north may have more job opportunities. Any opinions would be appreciated!
Good luck with your return, can understand your difficulty in choosing where to settle
the job situation will help you to decide.....both Islands have so much to offer in terms of beauty, beaches etc
B x

PS. Currently back in the UK having lived on North Island and visited South Island.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gaynor,
We are from Liverpool and live in Rotorua. We love it here and cannot complain about the climate, even the rain is warm!
There are definately more job opportunities on the North Island. What job do you/OH do?
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Hi
Don't like saying what job I do as I don't make friends! I'm a social worker and my husband is a graphic designer! Where in Liverpool are you from? We are from crosby - when it use to be nice but now live in Cheshire - due to living in NZ!

Thanks for the replies everyone x

Last edited by Scousebird; Jun 22nd 2010 at 6:08 pm. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Don't like saying what job I do as I don't make friends! I'm a social worker and my husband is a graphic designer! Where in Liverpool are you from? We are from crosby - when it use to be nice but now live in Cheshire - due to living in NZ!

Thanks for the replies everyone x
Originally from Walton and been here a year in August.
Social worker is not too bad! Could have been worse-traffic warden
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

Originally Posted by RobDon View Post
Originally from Walton and been here a year in August.
Social worker is not too bad! Could have been worse-traffic warden
But not much worse
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Gaynor - glad youv'e found your feet on here - lots of useful info-PM if you need or email
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Will do - was going to reply via my pm. Still finding my feet but everyone is really helpful - it's nice to know there are still nice helpful people in a current world were people hardly know their neighbours anymore!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by witty View Post
But not much worse
I will assume your title reflects this comment. I'm pretty damn good at what I do. In my defence.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

I will assume your title reflects this comment. I'm pretty damn good at what I do. In my defence.
Well it was only put there as a bit of fun as I am a mental health nurse who seems to have run ins with Social Workers on regular occasions. When I say run ins I mean professional disagreements as our agenda's appear to clash a lot. I will assume you didn't take it in the manner it was intended and withdraw it.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by witty View Post
Well it was only put there as a bit of fun as I am a mental health nurse who seems to have run ins with Social Workers on regular occasions. When I say run ins I mean professional disagreements as our agenda's appear to clash a lot. I will assume you didn't take it in the manner it was intended and withdraw it.
I'm a scouser - I view most things with a sense of humour first - no need to withdraw! I can appreciate that you may have run ins as like in all professions you get good and bad workers. If it helps we have a great policy of when relationships are poor with agencies or individuals we invite them to shadow us for a bit to get to know them and them us. Every bit of research states agency communication always fails children. Professional run ins are hard work - as if the job is not bad enough!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:07 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Gaynor. I'm a Woollyback (from Eccleston, St.Helens). Mum was a social worker in St.Helens but has been retired for many a year now! I considered doing it for a while but decided against it in the end. As you say good & bad in all professions, I had some interesting dealings with social workers in my capacity as a midwife.

Good luck with your plans
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Welcome to BE Gaynor. I'm a Woollyback (from Eccleston, St.Helens). Mum was a social worker in St.Helens but has been retired for many a year now! I considered doing it for a while but decided against it in the end. As you say good & bad in all professions, I had some interesting dealings with social workers in my capacity as a midwife.

Good luck with your plans
Thanks, still finding my way around not use to this but it has been very helpful!
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Kelly33 is on a distinguished road

Hi there. FYI you would be more likely to find a job in Auckland than elsewhere. The government are cutting back on jobs but are increasing so called front line jobs such as police and social workers.

BTW welcome to the site. Hope everything works out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.