Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello from Lanarkshire

Hello from Lanarkshire

Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default Hello from Lanarkshire

Hi

My OH Pointer has been on for a while, so I decided to join him now that we're getting down to the nitty gritty of packing up and moving over.

We first thought about moving to NZ a year ago while planning our holiday there. We're both in our early 40s, no ties (well none that can't look after themselves or come with us) and really wanted a different way of life (an ability to get outdoors more than 5 times a year will be good) and an adventure. We began the process late last year, put in our ITA in March just before our trip and we got PR two weeks ago.

The plan is to move in the first quarter of next year. We both came back from NZ and just missed the place. We plan to move to Wellington, but will see what the jobs situation throws up. I work in corporate comms so need to be near a city and OH works in health and safety.

I've found a few threads on here so useful, especially those on getting pets across to NZ. We have 2 german shorthaired pointers who are my babies, so knowing it can be done helps.

I think we're going over with fairly realistic expectations and how it will compare with Scotland as we've done about as much research as it's possible to do without living there, but I'm sure a few curveballs will come our way.

Suzanne
Old Jul 6th 2010, 6:44 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Lanarkshire

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer
Hi

My OH Pointer has been on for a while, so I decided to join him now that we're getting down to the nitty gritty of packing up and moving over.

We first thought about moving to NZ a year ago while planning our holiday there. We're both in our early 40s, no ties (well none that can't look after themselves or come with us) and really wanted a different way of life (an ability to get outdoors more than 5 times a year will be good) and an adventure. We began the process late last year, put in our ITA in March just before our trip and we got PR two weeks ago.

The plan is to move in the first quarter of next year. We both came back from NZ and just missed the place. We plan to move to Wellington, but will see what the jobs situation throws up. I work in corporate comms so need to be near a city and OH works in health and safety.

I've found a few threads on here so useful, especially those on getting pets across to NZ. We have 2 german shorthaired pointers who are my babies, so knowing it can be done helps.

I think we're going over with fairly realistic expectations and how it will compare with Scotland as we've done about as much research as it's possible to do without living there, but I'm sure a few curveballs will come our way.

Suzanne
Welcome Mrs Pointer, great to have you a part of the site as well as OH

Best of luck with all your plans. There is loads of info on here and lots of personal experiences which is what makes the site so great.

Dewb
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome Suzanne.

You'll already know your way around so just get stuck in and have a post-fest.

Pictures of pets compulsory.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer
Hi

Suzanne
Hard to compare between N lanarkshire and NZ to be fair although I do miss the bukkie bottles in the street ..... hahaha
Old Jul 13th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Pointer is on a distinguished road

http://www.gundogblog.net/ link to our dogs adventures, couple of pics on there of dogs.

90 mile beach may just be long enough to exercise these two: