British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hello I am new to this site! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hello-i-am-new-site-691993/)

Welsh Family Nov 3rd 2010 12:39 am

Hello I am new to this site!

Our name is Alan, Lisa and we have a daughter who is 7 1/2 years old. We are in our late 30's and have been living in Johnsonville, Wellington for 5 years.

I was born in Staffordshire and I am a keen fishing Kayaker, my wife is a kiwi & our daughter is Welsh.

Before coming to New Zealand we lived for 10 years in Cardiff South Wales.

We would love to hear from you.

Charismatic Nov 3rd 2010 1:26 am

Re: Hello I am new to this site!

Hello folks, welcome the forum. I’m pretty sure we have some expatriates down you way amongst us.

Kelly33 Nov 4th 2010 8:46 pm

Shwmae, Alan & family.

My family and I moved to New Zealand 9 months ago (currently living in Waitakere - West Auckland) from Swansea. Saw your post and thought I would pop by and say hello :)

Kelly

The Jezzers Nov 5th 2010 7:38 pm

Welcome. I have a sister in Bridge End. We live in Mt Maunganui, Bay Of Plenty and we love it.:)

Am Loolah Nov 5th 2010 11:59 pm

Hello and welcome to BE!:thumbup:

We've got a very friendly and helpful bunch here in the NZ forum so jump right in!:)

mwhite1962 Nov 7th 2010 6:27 am

Hi,
We are Mick and Caroline from Gravesend in Kent, all being well we should be in Rotorua just after christmas, Caz starts her job in the boys school in Rotorua and i will be an unemployed sparky, not for to long i hope!

Love this site, has been very helpful, have noticed there's meet up on sunday nights for quiz night, is it still going? and can we just turn up?

Hopefully meet some of you guys soon.

Mick

lisamct Nov 7th 2010 7:43 am

Originally Posted by mwhite1962 (Post 8966531)
Hi,
We are Mick and Caroline from Gravesend in Kent, all being well we should be in Rotorua just after christmas, Caz starts her job in the boys school in Rotorua and i will be an unemployed sparky, not for to long i hope!

Love this site, has been very helpful, have noticed there's meet up on sunday nights for quiz night, is it still going? and can we just turn up?

Hopefully meet some of you guys soon.

Mick

Hi Mick...more people coming to join me in Rotorua, thats what I like to see! :thumbsup:

Tomsk Nov 7th 2010 8:42 am

Hi Mick & Caroline. We made a very similar move to you ....... except that we came from Dartford. The Rotorua quiz nights are still happening on a regular basis, officially the 1st Sunday of the month, although it's got a bit flexible recently depending on when people are free. Just back from this months effort but we didn't exactly do well this evening I'm afraid. Good company though & plenty of chat so a fun evening. Good luck with your plans to move to Rotorua, do shout if you need any help or info.

lisamct Nov 7th 2010 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Tomsk (Post 8966693)
The Rotorua quiz nights are still happening on a regular basis, officially the 1st Sunday of the month, although it's got a bit flexible recently depending on when people are free.

Bugger, I keep missing this and actually thought it was the last Sunday of the month and have been working the last few of those. Could have made it tonight as well..will need to be more organised next time (or someone has to text me and remind me!)

Sorry for hijacking the thread...oops:o

mwhite1962 Nov 7th 2010 10:34 am

Sorry Welsh family:o

I mistakenly used your thread, only by not having a clue what i was doing!!, but think i have worked a few things out now.

lyly10388 Nov 14th 2010 3:44 am

Originally Posted by mwhite1962 (Post 8966868)
Sorry Welsh family:o

I mistakenly used your thread, only by not having a clue what i was doing!!, but think i have worked a few things out now.

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Kelly33 Nov 14th 2010 4:20 am

Originally Posted by lyly10388 (Post 8980146)
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Hello and welcome.

Where are you from and where are you based?

Kelly