Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello, from Hertfordshire

Hello, from Hertfordshire

Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:35 am
Just Joined

tellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nice
Default Hello, from Hertfordshire

Hey,

My name is Martin, I'm 29, single and from Hertfordshire. (This sounds like some kind of dating profile, but its not. Unless there are any nice single girls my age in Auckland of course! )
After a successful year furthering my career in Sydney, I am sitting in my flat, with a 1 year working holiday visa for NZ and 135 points on my EOI for residency. So I am coming back to hit NZ.
I leave the UK on Boxing day, spending a week or so in Sydney with friends for NYE and then head on over to Auckland.
Gonna see how things go, and if its all good, will submit my EOI with the eventual aim of citezenship later on down the line.
I am told that NZ is like the UK was maybe 20 or 30 years ago, but with all of todays modern technology.
I can't bear the business of London, and crave somewhere that still has a heart and a soul and isnt a huge sprawling faceless city.
Will I be happy in Auckland? Lets hope so....

Martin
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hello, from Hertfordshire

Kia Ora and welcome
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:16 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

single 28 and in Wellington....no wait...

now I hope you have your accommodation sorted in Sydney or you will be living in a box under the bridge on New Years Eve!!

that still has a heart and a soul and isnt a huge sprawling faceless city

Ok critics will say that the above statement is almost the polar opposite to Auckland! I disgaree somewhat - just above everyone I know who likes Auckland finds that the easiest way to 'deal' with it (if you don't like sprawl) is to think of it as lots of little areas each with a heart. Rather than, for instance, expecting the heart to be in the centre of Auckland.

Does that make sense? If ya find Auckland sprawly think of it as lots of smaller communities and it works a lot better.

It is one of the reasons I love Wellington though - an ability to have a 'heart' in the centre of the city itself.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:17 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

oh yeah....welcome

Greetings from the Flip Side
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all

Hi Martin

My partner Mike, 28 and I, 20 are planning on moving over to Auckland later next year. Me and my family went over to new zealand last year for a month to see if we like it and we loved it so we have sent in out EOI and recieved our ITA last week
We are just sorting everything out and hopefully get it sent back soon.
Auckland is great! I am sure you will like it. Let us know what you think of it!

x
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora Tellybox and welcome to this little BE NZ forum.

Have some karma from me to start you off