Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello hello! Looking for somewhere to stay

Hello hello! Looking for somewhere to stay

Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:07 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello hello! Looking for somewhere to stay

Hi I am looking for a short term let, about a month or 6 weeks. Been looking for holiday cottages but of course most are booked up.

Our budget isnt huge.... I have seen some going for $500 a week and that seems great. (but they were booked).

Anyway we are moving to Wellington - landing 8th december!!!

Can anyone help point me in the right direction of finding somewhere to live for a short while? We are two adults and two small children. Ideally a 2bed place. I have been looking at areas such as Petone, Eastborne, Raumati South and Porirua.

Many thanks for your help - and see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

Brunettepen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello hello! Looking for somewhere to stay

Hi,

have you tried looking at trademe.. a fantastic website with all the latest sublets on it... better than the news paper here..

http://www.trademe.co.nz

go to the property section and then in there, there is a rent section..

I have just checked and there looks like hundreds posted in the last week.. I am sure some of them will be open about a short term lease..

what you can also do if you find somewhere nice but they want a long term renter, just offer them a little more for a short term lease.. there are many opportunists out there so hopefully you would find someone interested in a win win situation..

all the best
Penny
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:48 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brunettepen
Hi,

have you tried looking at trademe.. a fantastic website with all the latest sublets on it... better than the news paper here..

http://www.trademe.co.nz

go to the property section and then in there, there is a rent section..

I have just checked and there looks like hundreds posted in the last week.. I am sure some of them will be open about a short term lease..

what you can also do if you find somewhere nice but they want a long term renter, just offer them a little more for a short term lease.. there are many opportunists out there so hopefully you would find someone interested in a win win situation..

all the best
Penny
thank you yes - must get out of habit of thinking ebay - trademe!!!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
Hi I am looking for a short term let, about a month or 6 weeks. Been looking for holiday cottages but of course most are booked up.

Our budget isnt huge.... I have seen some going for $500 a week and that seems great. (but they were booked).

Can anyone help point me in the right direction of finding somewhere to live for a short while? We are two adults and two small children. Ideally a 2bed place. I have been looking at areas such as Petone, Eastborne, Raumati South and Porirua.

PM Littletoe (She'll kill me for this) she's a property manager i believe for leaders and may be able to help. Otherwise try www.villarentals.co.nz and you've chosen wisely in Wellington!!!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:08 am
Just Joined

birkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nice

hi all people in the wellington area. i have a friend who is in desperate need for help.

they are a family of 4 with a dog and are having major problems finding soemwhere to rent close to the cbd as she works at the hospital.

anyone suggests anyone who rents to people with animals??

Lisa
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:11 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey fish woman.

I *MIGHT* be looking to sublet very soon... if we get the house we have a tender in on, tomorrow...

4-bed, 2-bath, Aotea block.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:19 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish

Can't help but good luck
And as I am moving to Whitby, maybe see you soon
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:53 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely check Trademe. Also, at this time of year also check the 'flatmates wanted' part of trademe (not just property) as some places are empty due to their lease expiring.

I have provided a link to one example:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Flatmates-w...htm?key=252706
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 12:22 am
Just Joined

WendyN is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a suggestion that might work: Have you tried approaching a B&B or homestay, we sometimes give people a discount if they are staying for a long time and therefore you don't have to pay the full rate?
Good luck with your hunting!
Wendy

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 23rd 2007 at 1:08 am. Reason: sorry. no advertising. you can put a link to your business in your signature