Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello from Glendene

Hello from Glendene

Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Kelly33 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Glendene

Hi. My name Is Kelly. I have been in New Zealand for nearly 5 months. I moved here from Swansea in Wales with my husband and daughter. I have just found this site so thought I would join as I don't know anyone in my local area yet.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:39 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Glendene

Hi Kelly,

I'm not in NZ myself (I'm in the US) but I wanted to stop by and say hi and welcome you to the site.

We've got a fab group of members here and I know that you will make lots of friends here. I

I hope you enjoy your stay with us and please don't hesitate to give me, or the moderators, a shout if you have any questions about using the site.

Sue
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to this cosy little NZ forum.

Have a good browse around the place and a bit of a post .

There are people living up your way, I believe. Perhaps check out Meet-Ups.

Happy Posting.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kelly & welcome from us too
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all. Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome xx
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:18 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kelly welcome to the site
Good luck with settling in. Upping sticks & staring over is very hard
you make new friends and feel settled soon.

Dewb
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi Dewb,

The prospect of moving here wasn't scary at all. Have moved from place to place all my life. Problem is I didn't realise just how attached to my inlaws I actually was especially my sis in law. Funny that. Never did get on with them all that much. Only really happened in the twelve months up to when we left.

Things appear to be on the up though. Have started making some new friends this week so hopefully will settle down soon. Fingers crossed everything will work out
Old Jun 16th 2010, 10:48 am
Just Joined

bubblelou is just really nicebubblelou is just really nicebubblelou is just really nicebubblelou is just really nicebubblelou is just really nicebubblelou is just really nicebubblelou is just really nicebubblelou is just really nicebubblelou is just really nicebubblelou is just really nice

Hello and welcome
Old Jun 17th 2010, 6:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & welcome too
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:37 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelly33
Hi Dewb,

The prospect of moving here wasn't scary at all. Have moved from place to place all my life. Problem is I didn't realise just how attached to my inlaws I actually was especially my sis in law. Funny that. Never did get on with them all that much. Only really happened in the twelve months up to when we left.

Things appear to be on the up though. Have started making some new friends this week so hopefully will settle down soon. Fingers crossed everything will work out
Funny what you end up missing

I am so scared about moving but I have not moved around at all so maybe it more fear of unknown. Glad things are going well for you hope they continue that way.

Dewb
Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:30 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dewb, what's a concierge? Because you are one. And I am curious!

Not to crash threads - Kelly, great to have someone from Swansea here. My favourite cockles are from Swansea market, and I have frond memories of Mumbles and Llanelli.

NZ is just a wee bit different eh?! Sounds like you're adjusting well. Good luck to you,

Wiz
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Hey Dewb, what's a concierge? Because you are one. And I am curious!
They are a new group that we introduced a couple of weeks ago. Basically they act as tour guides to help acclimatize new members.

Here's a blog entry I did about it.

Sue
Old Jun 20th 2010, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi Dewb. The great unknown is a very scary prospect but at least you are giving it a go. If you ever want someone to chat to you are very welcome to P.M me. I spend quite a lot of my time on the computer and am always checking what's happening on here. Best of luck to you xx
Old Jun 20th 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Wiz. Absolutely no problem at all. You are welcome to post on my threads anytime.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

My name is Claire and I'm from the UK too. I live in Glen Eden and work in the city.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.