Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello everyone in Wellington NZ

Hello everyone in Wellington NZ

Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:34 pm
life finally begins in NZ

sarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the rough
Default Hello everyone in Wellington NZ

Hi, Been here just over two months..all a bit strange still. Have a manic hubby who wants a motor bike, kayak, batch, etc.... love New Zealand so far all advice welcome. Especially tips on slowing a manic hubby down!!!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:42 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hello everyone in Wellington NZ

Drain the brake fluid from his motorbike? Don't worry, ACC will cover the subsequent hospitalization and physiotherapy.

Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:16 am

sarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the rough
Cool Re: Hello everyone in Wellington NZ

Thanks for the advice HappyNZ!!

I am only jealous of him really..... When I get a job....(roflmao) I can have a big bike of my own...apparently!!

All the gear is still in transit..so cant go pillion either..not that I would want to with him being manic and all!! He has somehow managed to 'Borrow' some gear for himself despite claiming not to know a soul here in this fine country
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:58 am
Just Joined

northeners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the rough

Hi there we have been here for just over a year now and still finding our feet I can relate to your husband being manic I was the same and my wife said the same to me calm down but its the excitment over it all dont worry he will calm down.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

I say leave him be - NZ is a big boys play ground. Jet skiing, scuba, kayaking, white water rafting, para gliding, bungy-jumping, quad bikes, mountain biking, fishing to name but a few. Where can you get all this is relatively close proximity in the UK...
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

Roland.H will become famous soon enoughRoland.H will become famous soon enough

Sounds Great out there!!!! Can't wait to get over to NZ........Hope I have enough time to try everything????
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by northeners View Post
Hi there we have been here for just over a year now and still finding our feet I can relate to your husband being manic I was the same and my wife said the same to me calm down but its the excitment over it all dont worry he will calm down.

I hope so otherwise I might have to resort to strong measures. Seems the NZ air gives some people brain freeze!!! :curse::curse:

What happened to common sense and priorities?? Maybe the luugage alowance meant there wasnt room for it in the suitcase